Allcrop question

8NHENRY

Member
My AC 90 has an issue with the clutch dog for the feeder house. The pin that the dog skids on won’t stay in the hole because the hole is worn. Has any one run into this before or does someone have an idea on how to fix it. I’m thinking of tapping it out and using a bolt and bushings I appreciate any advice. Thankyou
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1730.jpeg
    IMG_1730.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I have not dealt with your particular problem but what you suggest should work as long as the pin you are having problems with is not a shear pin. I wouldn't replace a shear pin with a bolt. Other options that I have used in a case like this is drilling out the hole and installing a bushing or making and installing a shouldered pin.
 
My AC 90 has an issue with the clutch dog for the feeder house. The pin that the dog skids on won’t stay in the hole because the hole is worn. Has any one run into this before or does someone have an idea on how to fix it. I’m thinking of tapping it out and using a bolt and bushings I appreciate any advice. Thankyou
What gregm said.
 
Thankyou for the reply, yes the pin just is the pin for the dog, including better pictures. I think I need to put threads in because a sheave bolts to the other side.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1745.jpeg
    IMG_1745.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1746.jpeg
    IMG_1746.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top