Allis 160 - First Time Buyer

ConorH

New User
Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller. I found an Allis 160, year and hours unknown, about an hour drive away. They say it runs but it needs a battery and the 3pt arms "don't work". They're asking $1200.

I've read on here about the 160s losing prime in the hydraulics so I'm hoping that's all there is there. Any other words of wisdom, or things I should be looking for or know about?

My only concern really is that what I really need is a loader tractor and I don't want to get stuck not being able to find one that will work used and be stuck considering a new loader. I'm out east so I don't have access to a lot of the good sales in the midwest.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Conor
 
The Allis 160 was European made and has a lot of differences from the American made models of A-C starting with model 170 and up. The 160 had some poor design that showed up as trouble in time, (some) parts are hard to find, if at all. My Dad had a 160 at one time and he would not have one again even though he is good at repairing most any tractor. That said, I'm sure some have been happy with theirs. You would be way ahead buying an American made A-C, just my opinion.
 

Thanks for the comments folks. It turned out I didn't even get a chance to look at it and with the vibe I got from the seller I'm feeling a little like I dodged a bullet.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top