hoghollow

Neighbor has 6070 allis front wheel drive with loader. lower hr tractor diesel. Will
start and run but will not open up above 12-1500 rpm Will run idle for 5-10 minutes
and then die. new filters good supply fuel to injection pump. Ideas? think it is a
styndyine pump {spelling)

With engine running, and just as it begins to slow down loosen the two screw timing cover on injection pump side. If engine will speed up and run ok WITH the fuel leak, but slows and dies again with the cover tight it's confirmed, injection pump need repair. Have a JD pump apart now in for repair, came in for the same trouble.

May be the check valve on top of pump
It's the return line. You can knock the glass ball out of it. But its stopping up because the governor plastic ring is deteriorating. But I don't have a check valve in my. 6060. But I have had the pump rebuilt. $300

Don't remove the return check ball and keep running it, or you WILL shear the retainer pins, lock the hydraulic head, and break the drive shaft. Seen that happen too many times of forty-five years and counting of injection pump repair.

Had the same thing happen to my 6060, save yourself the trouble of troubleshooting. Injector pump needs to be rebuilt and install the updated parts, that's what I had done, works great. The drive parts on the original factory were made with a hard rudder component and after awhile it deteriorate and leaves little black pieces inside the pump. Mine acted just like yours, starts fine, revs up and after 5, 10 minutes starts to slow down until it's down to almost an idle. Hope this helps.

Lee

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back