Allis B Loader

Johann Q

New User
I have just acquired a loader to fit on an Allis B, but I have not been able to identify the manufacturer nor have I found any photos online that match it. The subframe appears to be a factory design and made for a B not just modified to fit (although someone has welded additional steel to the bottom of the front cross member). The loader is a typical pipe loader. Sorry I do not have pictures of the loader, but I do have pictures of the subframe still installed on the tractor I got it from. I would appreciate any information. Is this an Allis loader or some other brand?
mvphoto108508.jpg

mvphoto108509.jpg

mvphoto108510.jpg

mvphoto108511.jpg

The cylinder construction is similar to that on a Freeman loader I have on a JD 40.
Is there a casting number on the cap which fastens to the cylinder?
If so I'll look at mine and see if they match.

A lot looks home made. Can we see some pictures of the loader arms and bucket? Cylinders do somewhat resemble Freeman loaders made for the WD and CA.

Thank you for the responses. I will look at the cylinder caps for a casting number and post some pictures of the loader later today.

I looked for a casting number on the cylinders and couldn't find one. I did find a single raised letter M (or W) on the rod end castings.

The loader is in rough shape and one of the arms is broken. I am attaching a couple pictures of the loader and one of the bucket. The bucket may or may not be original to the loader.

My Freeman loader has 4 digit part numbers on all castings.

Made by Freeman Loader Corp. in Peru, Indiana.

This loader has been on a 1953 JD 40S since day one so I'm guessing you are looking for 70 year old parts.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back