allis chalmers c front end

john kline

New User
I have an allis c which my father purchased in about 1958? used. I restored it in 1980 and put a l59 woods mower on it. Still mowing with it today. I put a wide front under it last year. The original narrow front had a short steer arm on the front and a short pitman arm on the steer box. I haven't seen another one like that. Does anyone have any information as to why or how?
 
The early C's had the shorter arms. It was an engeering change to make them steer easier. I don't remember when the change was made with out looking it up.

narrowfrontB3-vi.jpg
 
The narrow front C was a cultivating tractor and the steering arm that came out of the steering box was straight up with the linkage forward from there to accomodate the cultivators mounted on it. We chamged a C to a wide front and had to change the steering box . The C box would steer the wide front exactly opposite...turn wheel left, wheels turned right..so swapped out the steering box
 
That would be because you did not use a C wide front on your C. Both the C and CA front assembly have the front stearing arm as part of it the same as the narrow front assemblys.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top