Allis Chalmers No. 7 Side Delivery Rake parts

brademan76

New User
Hi all, new to the forum thanks to some google searching. Seems like a great place. I started working for a guy and have started harvesting hay, where historically he has just let cows graze freely and bought hay for winter. I rented implements last hay season to harvest. We do have an old AC rake sitting in the hedge-row that doesn't seem to be in too terrible of shape, would be handy to have on-hand, and because my boss would really be tickled to see it restored (to working order), I'd like to start working down that path.

From what I've been able to find internet sleuthing it is a Model No. 7. Seems to be mostly complete although it is missing the drive/PTO shaft. Anyone have any experience in tracking down parts?

Here is the rake I have, as far as I can tell its the same except ours has a double wheel on the back.

Sorry the link to the video I tried to post didn't work due to site restrictions I guess. So, if you search YOU TUBE for "880 and the AC rake tedding hay" you'll see what I was referring to.

It sounds like you tried to post a picture. Not always, but in many cases new users have to have 5 or more posts on record before the site lets them post pictures, due to site spam filters. Another option is to go down to the Site Comments Forum and ask YT Support for permission to post prior to that. You can try going down to the Test Forum and making several posts there, trying to attach pictures to each post. That may work after you make several, then post again here with your question. It may not work immediately after you get past the 5 posts, if not, you might try logging out and back in at that point. There is a size limit as well, I think it is 7.5mb per post, some phone pictures are too large and have to be reduced.

If all it's missing is the pto,those are largely 'universal'. You can get drive line parts at any equipment dealer,irregardless of color.Get teeth from Shoup manufactureing.They have a huge
catalog,I buy lots of parts from them. BTW,Allis Chalmers is owned by AGCO. Any AGcO dealer(Massey Ferguson) dealer should be able to supply parts.

Dad and uncle together bought a new AC rake like that when I was very young so you know it has to date back to at least the early
1950's. Never did hear why the AC rake as Dad and uncle were both big JD fans. Anyway, I raked with it a time or two and thought
it did a good job, however it didn't have a jack on the hitch which made it a b---- to hook up to the tractor. The lever lift
wasn't the greatest, either. I think that old rake is still sitting in the trees at my cousins place, but he is the kinda guy who
wouldn't sell anything if he thought someone else might have a need for it. Has acres and acres of old stuff sitting rotting away
in the trees.

Thank you for the tips! The shaft assembly is looks to be 2-3 "joints" from what I can see with a place or two where a bearing mount bolts to the tongue/frame. If it was just a straight section it might be easier to source as a universal part. I could be wrong...

When we first started out we used one of those but within two years we got a "real" rake. If your ground is VERY smooth it should do OK for you, if not it will leave way too much hay on the ground.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back