Allis Chalmers WD carburetor

Robert_327

New User
Hello,
I ordered a rebuilt carb for my 1951 Allis Chalmers WD. It had a Marvel Schebler TSX 422 but they sent me a rebuilt Marvel Schebler TSX 159. What is the difference?

Thank you

I see that too. To add complexity to this post; the intake, air cleaner, governor, and carb are from the original WD. the Block is from a WD45. I guess I wanted to understand the differences so I wasn't stepping down in CFM or some other parameter.

After searching the internet some more, it looks like all the tags identify is where it was made and for what industry. So, in your case tsx says it is an agricultural carb and the numbers 159 and 422 are code for the different locations where each were made at. If your concern is stepping down in cfm you are already doing that if you have a true original wd manifold from a 201 engine on a 226 wd45 engine. The wd manifold originally had smaller ports than the wd45 manifold. A new replacement today for a wd today is now the larger ported manifold used on wd45's.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back