Fritz Maurer
Well-known Member
First he says he wants to pull with it , now it’s NOT for pulling…. I’m lost.
im a millwight by trade i have built lots of tractors in cockshutts and olivers with 453 detroit in cockshutt 40 and 354 perkins in 88 i know what i am doing and i was trying to make the wiring on the ih as original as possiable i have been doong this for 8 years thankyouGood point Fritz, I just looked and he has not been on the forum since Monday. He has a couple other posts going about an IH 756, one on wiring and the other on fuel supply. Wonder how old or established his “business” is? Maybe bit off more than he can chew.
Okay, I apologize if I was a bit pointed! That is where communication like this can go off the rails. I have no idea how old you are. Suddenly you pop up on here with several projects that are giving you a certain amount of trouble. I hope you can see how I might draw this conclusion. You must admit not including the fact that this is in a far from stock application that many more factors are now in play. I believe your Cockshutts and Olivers use a chain coupler so your clutch system in those can be matched to the engine and all that you have to do is make your drive connection to that. I admit I don’t know a lot about an Allis but I am pretty sure it is a bit more involved. Like I said front to rear placement and center line placement are critical in these types of swaps. Maybe a few pictures of the setup, we might be able to see something that may be the cause. Also the answer if this is the first go-round or has it already been together and working?im a millwight by trade i have built lots of tractors in cockshutts and olivers with 453 detroit in cockshutt 40 and 354 perkins in 88 i know what i am doing and i was trying to make the wiring on the ih as original as possiable i have been doong this for 8 years thankyou
Are the bolts holding the pressure plate to the flywheel possibly bottoming out? If the flywheel was not drilled out deep enough, then has material machined off, might be something to check.
i am 27 and we farm fulltime and i started my millwright coarse at 18 now 27 iwent out on my own 4 years ago have done multiple swaps yes using the chain driven system i do restorations in the winter time regarding the 756 and also have a minnie moline z as well i will get a few pics and show you i am not trying to get under anyones skin i didnt know about this site as i am not very techy! old tractors have been a passion of mine i had an auction last december with 40 tractors i sold as i didnt have time for all them due to grownig farm and bussinessOkay, I apologize if I was a bit pointed! That is where communication like this can go off the rails. I have no idea how old you are. Suddenly you pop up on here with several projects that are giving you a certain amount of trouble. I hope you can see how I might draw this conclusion. You must admit not including the fact that this is in a far from stock application that many more factors are now in play. I believe your Cockshutts and Olivers use a chain coupler so your clutch system in those can be matched to the engine and all that you have to do is make your drive connection to that. I admit I don’t know a lot about an Allis but I am pretty sure it is a bit more involved. Like I said front to rear placement and center line placement are critical in these types of swaps. Maybe a few pictures of the setup, we might be able to see something that may be the cause. Also the answer if this is the first go-round or has it already been together and working?
never though of that would be a good place to start i appreciate that!Are the bolts holding the pressure plate to the flywheel possibly bottoming out? If the flywheel was not drilled out deep enough, then has material machined off, might be something to check.
yes i made the plate I've done enough now to now that i have the clutch centered the splines are working the measurements all line up bang on just the clutch not releasingSounds good, add photos of proof if you feel the need. Just some photos of the WD in the clutch area is what I (we) would really like to see and help you with. Was the adapter built entirely by you? Did you have some kind of a mock up to check out all your dimensions. Very likely there is nothing on the bell housing bolt up area that can be set up for a center register, so as you know that becomes quite a trick. It sounds like you may have got that right because IF the input shaft and clutch plate are engaging and it was off center it would vibrate and make noise. It would probably lock together and not release. This would seem to be the opposite of the problem you are having. Is there anyway for you see the clutch plate and shaft to see how they are positioned in relation to each other?
looks like it! i will keep you guys informed in the coming days i do appreciate the helpUnfortunately, it sounds like pulling it back apart to investigate is probably going to be necessary.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy