Almost ready for winter

37 chief

I cleaned my stove pipe all the way to the roof today. I have put it off for too long. The inside of the pipe wasn't bad, very little build up. I don't want a chimney fire. I have a winters worth of wood split, stacked, and ready. How are you doing. Stan

Mine is still standing or laying on the ground in the woods. Usually log it up out of the bottom ground and let it lay in a cow pasture. Haven't had the time and as luck would have it we had a 3 pluse inch rain. Everywhere is mud. Fall is usually dry.

How are you doing? Stan

I turned a knob clockwise to 70 F last night and woke to a house at 70 F this morning. All is good.

Next spring I'll turn the same knob to OFF and AC to on.

I guess I'm ready. Thought I was goin to seed 4 acres of grass hay but the seed store lady said I really should do it in the spring.

Never made it. I got some done but I ended up going in 3 1/2 weeks early to get part of my colon removed. Now I get to spend a lot of time reading this forum and looking out the window.

Chester if you really want a lot of yt
reading just start a post about ev's or
solar. Your surgery will be healed before
you get done reading allour responses.

I have my propane prepaid for winter, and the snowplow on the truck, but my old body is not ready for the cold temps.

(quoted from post at 16:52:46 11/01/23) Chester if you really want a lot of yt
reading just start a post about ev's or
solar. Your surgery will be healed before
you get done reading allour responses.

I think your on to something!!

Me thinks that seed store lady doesn't know much.
Old saying was a pint in the fall is worth a peck in the spring.
Of course if she sells you a peck of seed then instead of a pint now, SHE makes more money.
Keith

Here in mid Mn. we have been burning wood for a while already. Sat. is opening of deer season. Then after that winter comes. Had a little snow already.

Two year supply for a buddy of mine and me. Stored inside my poleshed. The picture is about a quarter of what we have stored. About half of what we burn in a winter. Probably 70 percent wood to 30 percent gas for heating.

Ken
cvphoto165786.jpg

I turned the heat on last Saturday,65% in the LP tank and that should last to March,and more is paid for.

I dont want to think about too much. It cost way too much to heat this old barn we live in. Its an old farm house about 3650sq feet as far as I can guess. I lite the wood stove when the temperature gets near Zero Fahrenheit, and I know I have enough wood to get through that kinda weather. Probably using 5 Grand in propane, like I said, I dont like to think about it, hurts my head

Not even close will cut wood all winter for heat and still trying to get crops out of the field. Was green earlier and now all mud. Cut a few beans last week with the rear wheels on part of the time. I guess we will be using it a lot this fall. Will be interesting with how to load truck without getting stuck on a couple places. IF froze it is hard on the flex head and corn will get out after it freezes probably.

Been burning wood in the kitchen stove off and on since September. Just lit the living room stove two nights ago. My kitchen wood didnt dry that well this summer with all the wet weather, but the bigger wood for the living room stove is held over from last winter and burns great.

I am still working on my fall mowing and bush hogging, really been annoying the frogs, and came too close to disturbing the fish as well. If I get that done I still hope to clip pastures.

No where near ready to plow snow, and still have more wood to cut for sugaring.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back