American produced Tractors?

"Made" "Produced" and "Built" are tricky words with tractors these days when most American "Built" tractors consist of pieces of the tractor built in other countries and major components bolted together here.
 
I could be wrong,but don't Deere and CNH have factories in Georgia to build their "premium" utility tractors? A LOT of these cheaper utilities are built by SAME in Italy. Including the Deere 03 series I believe. Sherry Schaefer,editor of Oliver Heritage says there are only 6 compaines in the world building tractors anyway. They just change the color and the names.
 
What is your definition of "tractor"? John Deere has their lawn and garden facility in Horicon, Wisconsin.

Otherwise, it would be the Deere or CNH models in Georgia. Only some models are built there, generally the high-end compacts. The lower models are build overseas.
 
Look up the model in question on the deere site. They tell you where each is built.
Somebody here didn"t specify that the 5103/5203 are built in India rather than at Mannheim.
The 05 and 25 models are North American built if memeory serves.
2000,3000, 4000, 5000, 7000, 8000 & 9000 series are all "North American".
 
I've tried to figure that out and no luck.

The trick words of "build, made, produced, assembled" are used by the marketing lawyers.

I think a lot are final assembled here which is like one fender and a sticker! Few are actually what I think of as "made in USA", but who knows for sure?

jb
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top