Another PAIN with JDs NEW parts system!!!!

JD Seller

Anyone tried to copy/paste/print a parts diagram with the new system????? I was trying to help a fellow over in the combine forum. I wanted to post a parts diagram and found out the new system does not let you copy/paste or even print out the diagrams. Any one figured out a work around????

James Howell's link kind of still gets you to the old parts system but you can not clear the search boxes after you do your first search. I am will to bet that way in will not be there long.

Yes sir!!! New and improved. Costs JD money every single time I have to fool with the darn things. My anger with JD gets ramped up every single time I have to fool with any of their company BS anymore.

Had two dealerships in my yard this week telling me how GREAT they are. PLEASE come and SAVE BIG money during their open house. Get a FREE MEAL. Save 10% on parts that we are buying already from another supplier for was less then that.

P.S. You should have seen the one JD salesman when he walked into the shop and seen a CIH combine being rebuilt there. LOL He was a little green when we told him that was our "new" combine for fall. It will make zero difference in the way JD and or the local JD dealership is operating but made me feel better. LOL

I just right-clicked on the image, hit print, and out came a parts diagram... it works.

Ranting here really isn't going to help a lot. If you want to have meaningful change, go meet with someone in Moline. Write them a letter. Maybe you will get a response, maybe not. But then at least you tried. If you don't do that, you'll just be mad at something else Deere did later.

Once in a while, people listen. Even at Deere. I griped about something not too long ago, and there actually was a change! Minor, but still, it worked.

Mother Deere will only listen when their market share drops, We will all figure this new parts site out ,and also learn to shop better for our parts.Deeres market share will shrink from the bottom up,

Tell them about how you spend 6 digits a year with there parts department and they will listen, :)

I think you need to learn how to use all of the features that Windows (Personal Computer) has to offer as well as learn the JD Parts System.

You need to learn how to use the Snipping Tool on you computer....

12073.jpg

I agree with JDSeller that the NEW JD parts advisor leaves a lot to be desired.

Funny to think it was YOU that accused me of having to have the LAST WORD!!
mvphoto12074.png

(quoted from post at 15:54:47 03/04/18)
I agree with JDSeller that the NEW JD parts advisor leaves a lot to be desired.

Funny to think it was YOU that accused me of having to have the LAST WORD!!
mvphoto12074.png

Like usual, you just must have the last word!

Really I'm not the person that's been ragging JDSeller ever time he posts about the no friendly JD parts advisor.

I think you'll find that I have not posted many replies about JD parts advisor. :roll:

Since you're so knowledgeable on JD parts advisor can you advise me where to locate the "where used box" on JD parts advisor??
Thanks,Jim

You won't be so happy with that red combine when it breaks down and the part you need is two weeks out and nobody any Where stocks it

Connie Minnie when I try to right click on the parts diagram/image I do not get the usual option box that has copy, print and etc.

I am not just griping on here. I sent letters to the territory after market support manager and both owners of the neighboring dealerships. The local dealership owner called me but basically said his son-in-law was now running things and there was little he would/could do to change how HE was running things. The dealership that is next closest, owner he is getting our business now because he is trying to make thing work. The JD territory after market manager sent me back a form letter basically telling me great the new system was for everyone.

I have been using the new site. I was able to print the illustrations no problem. If I remember right I "right clicked" somewhere on the page, maybe an upper boarder, and there was a print drop down.

To print the parts list I could not find a way on the page so I selected the parts list, copied it, pasted into Excel and then printed it.

I am not sure where I found it but there was a place for input to JD. It may have just came up. I gave them this input and another issue I had found with the shopping cart.

I got a nice response letting me know it is still a work in process and they were working on the items I brought up. They also gave me some workarounds, basically the old parts search still works and can be used, which I have also done.

So, cheer them on and let them know what you would like to see. They are just trying to do their job and make things better.

Paul

He's like the rest of us old and set in his ways and it pi$$es him off when he's got something figured out then some stupid kid thinks he as a good idea to come in and remake the system so its better . why when it was just fine before . here are two prices for the exact same part aftermarket and John Deere
a259962.jpg

a259963.jpg

Hay maker 2: I looked for how to do a screen shot. I think that is what Sweetfeet and some others have said they do to show images they want to post. That got me everything outside of the diagram box.

This snipping tool?? I have heard of it but I am not seeing it. I have Windows 8.1 and IE 11. The Grand Daughter will be here later. I will have her try and show me how this snipping tool works.

As for talking to JD Company I have and so far all I am getting is form letters. The local dealership has been turned over to the chain owner's Son-in-law and he could careless about us. He told me point plank that since we bought very little "new" equipment that our business was not what JD/HIM is looked at. I will say I have talked to several people in the next closest dealership group and they are really trying to service us better.

I know I am moaning about this change. This system maybe the greatest thing since sliced bread if you using a smart phone. On a PC it is not near as functional as the system they are replacing. That is what I am looking at. They are making the public side have a lot of less functionality when compared to the dealership side. In the old system if you understood how to use it you could do just about as much as the parts guys could.

If you look back in time I used to be pretty darn supportive of JD. Their business model has changed to just about entirely focusing on the new equipment sales. Developing after market business is not very important right now.

Truthfully this will more than likely be good for our family's business long term. We are now looking at things much differently. It is now us verses them more. My sons are rapidly becoming real color blind. Also OEM supplied parts are now becoming a last resort over first stop. I always wanted to keep our volume up enough that we would get good terms for OEM locally. Now we are buying more priced/value based over OEM based. Yes we know that some times we will get bitten in the butt but it seems we will be well paid for our time and effort in by passing JD OEM supply chain as much as possible.

SVcummins: We are not totally jumping ship YET. It seems that companies and dealerships can take our business for granted pretty easily. So We are going to make them work for it a little more. The days of thinking we will deal with them anyway are NOW gone. Locally they have shown zero loyalty to their customers so many of us are returning the favor.

With margin getting tighter we are looking at all cost closer. My Daughter-in-law is making us a good return by the savings she is generating shopping around.

That?s exactly how the dealers are here to . I have an awesome place I get parts from he?s a big John Deere guy but he runs an aftermarket parts store and mechanic shop I go there whenever possible the only problem is he?s a 60 mile drive one way from my place . I agree make these big dealers work for it a little bit they show me no loyalty why should I show them any ? I don?t think it will matter to em much as they don?t seem to care if you come through the door or not . I also agree that If I can buy the same or equivalent part online for a 1-4 the price and I?m not in a hurry I go that route . I do like doing business locally but not Necessarily with the dealer
a259973.jpg

(quoted from post at 17:04:03 03/04/18) I gave them this input and another issue I had found with the shopping cart.

I got a nice response letting me know it is still a work in process and they were working on the items I brought up. They also gave me some workarounds, basically the old parts search still works and can be used, which I have also done.

So, cheer them on and let them know what you would like to see. They are just trying to do their job and make things better.

Paul

2510paul, if you really think anyone at DEERE is "trying to do their job and make things better", you are really "drinking the Koolaide", as DEERE has contracted this out to the SnapOn tool Company.

REALLY.

1. Dunno why something has to be changed that has worked well for years, and continues to work well???

2. Dunno WHY they'd write software that doesn't work on 'ol Windows 7 running Firefox???? but does run on the same 'ol version of Windows running Chrome???

3. Dunno why I should have to learn to access an obscure program "snipping tool" to peruse a parts website? How does that may my life any easier/better, and how does DEERE Corporate benefit by it???

Odd you should mention cutting then going to Excel and pasting to print.

I've been doing exactly as you suggest here at work with "other programs" having nothing to do with Deere & Co. Only difference is here, I use Word which for some reason here works faster. I suspect it more a computer issue than a Deere issue. I find what I need to print and where it used to take a few moments now takes 20 minutes to print if it ever does at all. Usually it locks up tight & I have to do a complete shutdown and re-start. Then I have to go to the print cue & clear all attempts still sitting there because the printer is locked too.

Instead I get the view on screen & hit CTRL PRINT SCREEN.

Then I go to Word and paste that view then hit print & Word goes right to work!

Some computer geniuses think it's faster, newer, better, easier, simpler or sumpthiner. Wish I knew what they were drinking for lunch so I could be absolutely certain to avoid any accidental consumption of it!

Hi Al. Ya, I expect from their comments at JD it will get better right from the JD Parts screen.

I like Excel and have the most use for it at my current place in life so it is just my go to application.

I have used PrtSc but I don't recall using the Ctrl in front of it. I will try that. Good comment.

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back