Ultradog MN

It seems when we have a cold, wet spring we get ants in the kitchen.
It has definately been cold and wet this year and we have ants.
Of course, being a man with tools, I have a way to combat them.
Die ants, DIE.

cvphoto153630.jpg

cvphoto153631.jpg

Terro liquid ant bait is the only thing I use. Basically borax and sugar. It takes a while but it Kills the nest and queen. It even worked on some fire ants at my friends place in NC.

Windex will kill them as effectively as a torch. A tube of gel called 'Advion Ant', which may be borax and sugar in gel form will take a few days but usually kills the nest, as the above posters said.

Garry

We'll occasionally have ants on the kitchen countertops. They are always little red or black ants, marching in lines, cleaning up some left behind treat.

I go get the white powder fire ant treatment and find the nests up against the foundation outside the kitchen wall. That will stop them for a few weeks, then they are back. Just do it again...

My house was built on a hill of sand deposited presumably by the glacier as it receded. Ideal for ant hills, so ants are a constant battle.

I keep the house surrounded with Amdro ant bait granules. Could not find any last year so they got in the house bad. Ended up having to set off a bug bomb in the spare bedroom. The results are an oddly satisfying horror show. Dead ants all over the floor for days, sucked up with the vacuum.

For several years we had tiny ants on the kitchen counter. Put out traps, cleaned the cabinets and I inspected everything from the basement and couldnt't eliminate them. Then she found the nest.....in one of the potted plants near the window.

(quoted from post at 03:50:37 05/02/23) My house was built on a hill of sand deposited presumably by the glacier as it receded. Ideal for ant hills, so ants are a constant battle.

I keep the house surrounded with Amdro ant bait granules. Could not find any last year so they got in the house bad. Ended up having to set off a bug bomb in the spare bedroom. The results are an oddly satisfying horror show. Dead ants all over the floor for days, sucked up with the vacuum.

Any time I see a red or black ant outside my house, I always follow their trail to find the nest and sprinkle some Amdro granules at the nest. Next day...no ants.

I don't like working on one of my vehicles or tractors with ants crawling up my pants.

Borax and honey mix, they love the stuff, take it home, queen eats some too, while nest within 3 days. I like your approach, not sure what the insurance adjuster would have to say though

We've had the tiny ants in the kitchen for about five years. At first, Terro seemed to work, now they won't touch it. Last year she spread granules outside and that worked, not this year. Paid a pest guy to spray the walls, floors, counters, etc. Seems to have done the trick.

I have a 1974 bottle of Chlordane- he says that's better than anything he can use today, but I tried it this year and think it's lost its efficacy.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back