Antique Bean Fan, Wheat Drill, Value ?

dellwoodbu

New User
Have an old red bean fan, not sure of make or model. About the size of a kitchen stove. It is wood with an old leather or cloth belt drive. Has several of the screens still with it.

Also have old wheat drill. Metal box, steel wheels. I think it is Mcormick. Both worked when stored probably 40 years ago.

Any antique value in either of these?
 
'Here' at farm auctions the fanning mill goes $5 if they get lucky. The drill would go $10 or whatever scrap iron is bringing.

That is 'here', in the right location it may be way different.....

--->Paul
 
Dellwood, I have one of those antique drills that I still use. I would like to pick up another. Where are you located?
 
Had those exact items at the March auction here. Fanning mill brought $5 and the drill, which was a very nice Peoria, brought $30. The drill went to the scrap yard.
 
If you look, get it out in the light, you will probably see that the "Fanning mill" as we called them is a "Clipper" brand. It is usually stenciled on the side in black letters. The wood is painted red. The older ones actually were cranked by hand. Ours runs with an electric motor, but it may have been converted.

I was in a Bandannas BBQ in Jefferson City Mo. a few weeks ago and they had made the checkout out counter out of one. Put a top on it for the cash register. They had no clue what it was.

I doubt they are worth much. More of a conversation piece.

Ours would still work if I need it to.


Gene
 
That drill in Amish country in working condition would probably bring upwards from $200 because of the steel wheels as the church will not alow them to use rubber tires and they would pull it with horses
 
Delwood, that's too far for a whole drill. If you end up parting it out and it's the same as mine, I could use a few parts. My farm's in Maryland

Scott
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top