down_right
Member
>Tractor is an IH/farmall 826 diesel.
> I am rewiring the tractor and swapping the POS 3 wire/external regulated alternator for a delco 10si/internally regulated alternator
>photos are of right hand panel instrument cluster/gauge thingies
I've already tried looking in literature for the tractor, but as usual, and always, the operator's manual/service&repair manual are just below the threshold of actually being useful. There's no markings on the gauges whatsoever, and original wiring had literally deteriorated into nothing and was so janky with splicing photos wouldn't even help
1) The main part of this panel I need info on is the AMP light
2) is this amp gauge actually just an idiot light for detecting (any) amperage at all (make sure that the battery is getting charged)? As it's just a light rather than a true gauge (im assuming the bottom gauge is for the oil pressure, though maybe I'm wrong?
3) I have an
Aftermarket voltage meter gauge
I've swapped the air filter indicator for the voltage gauge, but im not sure how to wire it in properly. Ive read that a voltage meter is superior to amp gauges and makes them unnecessary, but I can't find any videos or instructions on how to do so
> I am rewiring the tractor and swapping the POS 3 wire/external regulated alternator for a delco 10si/internally regulated alternator
>photos are of right hand panel instrument cluster/gauge thingies
I've already tried looking in literature for the tractor, but as usual, and always, the operator's manual/service&repair manual are just below the threshold of actually being useful. There's no markings on the gauges whatsoever, and original wiring had literally deteriorated into nothing and was so janky with splicing photos wouldn't even help
1) The main part of this panel I need info on is the AMP light
2) is this amp gauge actually just an idiot light for detecting (any) amperage at all (make sure that the battery is getting charged)? As it's just a light rather than a true gauge (im assuming the bottom gauge is for the oil pressure, though maybe I'm wrong?
3) I have an
Aftermarket voltage meter gauge
I've swapped the air filter indicator for the voltage gauge, but im not sure how to wire it in properly. Ive read that a voltage meter is superior to amp gauges and makes them unnecessary, but I can't find any videos or instructions on how to do so