Any Idea What This Ford 4500 Backhoe might weigh?

Greetings, I was given this backhoe by some friends whose father recently passed away. All I'll say is that he was a good dude!
I am looking for a weight on this for moving it. From what I;ve read, the stamp on the transmission is the date. It is a 4500.
Maybe one of you guys have something like this and have had it weighed.

Any info is much appreciated!

IMG_4389.jpeg

IMG_4393.jpeg

Greetings, I was given this backhoe by some friends whose father recently passed away. All I'll say is that he was a good dude!
I am looking for a weight on this for moving it. From what I;ve read, the stamp on the transmission is the date. It is a 4500.
Maybe one of you guys have something like this and have had it weighed.

Any info is much appreciated!

View attachment 5785
View attachment 5784
Thank you Gents. Big help. It's good too see people agreeing on something!

Upvote 0
Various online sources list the tractor and loader at 7233lbs. The backhoe can't weigh 7000lbs or the tractor would be doing a permanent wheelie. So the total weight of the machine is definitely less than 14,000.

Upvote 0
Various online sources list the tractor and loader at 7233lbs. The backhoe can't weigh 7000lbs or the tractor would be doing a permanent wheelie. So the total weight of the machine is definitely less than 14,000.
Tractor Data had it at 7250# or there abouts with loader. The heavier version of backhoe attachments listed there is 2800#. The cab can't weigh more than 1000#. We're in the same ballpark. 12,000# seems like a realistic weight. Thanks.

Upvote 0
My 4500 also has the 755 hoe attachment like the OP's picture and yes, without the large front wheel pie weights mine would be near doing a wheelie all the time.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back