Any way to straighten brass?

Alan K

Have a brass gasoline nozzle that one of the straps towards the back is bent a little. Is there any way to safely bend it back in place? Hasn't been gas in the tank or nozzle for over 15 years.

Brass is generally OK to bend. formed into a strap, it is not likely to be as cast which is more likely to fracture. I would bend it without hesitation. Jim

Picture would help. I would be inclined to take the strap and put it on something with the right curve and hammer the bend out with a neoprene tip hammer. Lot of light hits is better than doing all at once.

With a very meticulous heat use it will yield to bending without cracks or breakage. though the heat needs to be very spars so as not to melt the brass. Think in terms of more like solder to heat it. It will melt by the time it would turn red or very close to it. Unlike steel the alloy of the brass will determine the melting temperature. I would try a soldering torch very carefully.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back