anyone see the tractor in Superbowl commercial?

Even worse than the half time show (which is not my cup of tea so I had zero interest in it, but wasnt as totally awful as I was expecting....) was the announcing. My gosh, the announcers were just in love with the LA team, the Bengals were just left over moldy bread of no account at all.

The game would have been pretty good, if I had turned the sound off. Couldnt stand the announcers by the end.

Paul

Worst super bowl I've seen, not talking about the people on the field, Who would put that ex player(announcer) on TV should be fired. He was a receiver and whined all the time.

The show, Pepsi don't need to get in entertainment business, just make sodas. I flip channels and watched Tool Time.

The half time (show) was some of the worst crap on TV. Most of the commercials weren't any better.

Actually after reading all this Im glad I didnt have to watch it lol but happy for those who did and enjoyed it, to each their own likes and dislikes

John T

It is Monday morning and I don't even know or care who won. I care for it about as much as my buddy Fawteen does. ( his thread made me laugh the other day )

Sounds to me like a lot of complainers were glued to the one-eyed monster and watched the whole thing. Next year, just turn it off before it starts. Super Bowl games are often not thrillers, this one was OK. The half time show was not my cuppa tea but it's big business and the guys who put it on know that Hank Williams Jr. wouldn't make the cut these days.

Nope, never watched any of the stuper bowls nor any parts of of the most hypted graft in the world. Don't ever intend to either.

I'll admit I'm in the target demo for that show, we listened to Eminem and Snoop along with just about everything else at college parties and bars back in the early 2000s. We all had a heck of a good time then and we all turned out pretty good. Kind of a trip down memory lane for me.

Yes I did see the coop tractor and although I did not know the entertainers (I did recognize their names) my son and DIL and grandson thought it was great. They are the ones they market to now not us old guys.

What you should have said David is something like ........

'My opinion of the half time shows going back to 1997 and before is that they were total trash.' ...... LOL !!!

Some thing is wrong here. This greatly heralded sporting event actually gets absolutely no mention in this post. No mention of which teams played, won or lost. No mention of the score or game highlights. Only mention of the half time show, and of course the post topic, the chance sighting of a Co-op E3 tractor.
Almost sounds as though the big game, has just become the opener/closer for the commercial rich half time show.
So who did play? Where was it played, and who won ? Guess it doesnt really make any difference, they will just do it again next year.

Never saw the Co-op tractor commercial. They had a good reputation around us. The Cincinnati Bengals were ahead by 3 - at halftime. Somebody gave a pep talk to the Rams during halftime. Then Los Angelas Rams came out after halftime fired up. Their offensive line came out and steam rolled thru the Bengals defensive line not giving their quarterback enough time to line up a receiver to throw the ball to. So the Bengals lost the game 23 - 20 . It was supposed to be in the mid 80's @ Los Angelas where the game was. The Bengals played their last 5 games in cold temps stadiums. That might have affected them. Nielson estimated viewers @ 117 million but apparently no YT'ers. Missed the halftime show (no interest) but would like to know what product the E -3 Co-op was promoting.

Bruce, you forgot to mention all the chest-pounding from those who claim to not have watched it at all, or to not even watch TV period.

Unless you are a fan of one of the teams in the game, you really don't care about the outcome of the game. It really has become a showcase for new and "clever" commercials (which have been mostly duds in the past several years if you ask me), and an excuse to have a party in the middle of winter with no other holidays in sight.

I disagree Bruce .... the original post was about the tractor and the commercials if I read it correctly, not about the game itself. We often complain when a topic goes off the rails and degenerates into something that was not intended in the original post. Now you are complaining (I think) that it stayed on topic. If a guy (like yourself or me for example) wants to discuss the game or some of the issues (like missed or phantom referee calls) then we should make a post on that topic don't you think?

(quoted from post at 15:09:52 02/14/22) Some thing is wrong here. This greatly heralded sporting event actually gets absolutely no mention in this post. No mention of which teams played, won or lost. No mention of the score or game highlights. Only mention of the half time show, and of course the post topic, the chance sighting of a Co-op E3 tractor.
Almost sounds as though the big game, has just become the opener/closer for the commercial rich half time show.
So who did play? Where was it played, and who won ? Guess it doesnt really make any difference, they will just do it again next year.

There are very few NFL fans here, or so it seems to me anyway, but the chance to complain about something must never be avoided.

This post was edited by Carlmac 369 on 02/14/2022 at 12:16 pm.

(quoted from post at 17:25:29 02/14/22) Not even sure what you are saying
in your post Carlmac 369.

Judging by what I have read in my time here there are not many NFL fans who frequent these boards.

If there is an opportunity for anyone to complain about something they don't like then that opportunity must be taken whether it has any relevance to the topic at hand or not.

How's that?

This post was edited by Carlmac 369 on 02/14/2022 at 12:40 pm.

I guess you are saying people
complain just because they like
to complain instead of not
reading or replying to a post and
not complaining.

Sorry if you missed my intention, and I do realize the topic stayed in the original headline about seeing a antique tractor in a super bowl commercial. My point is the commercials and half time show have become more important than the event is itself. And a Co-op tractor will always be a Cockshutt tractor to me.

Thats what we always called them as an uncle was a dedicated owner. I got to drive the latter model a few times for haying.

I'd rather watch college football. The only thing I watched from the Superbowl was the game highlights and the half time show, which sucked.

I realize that very few people on this site saw the Coop E3, BECAUSE NOBODY HERE WATCHES SPORTS, but could somebody here show the link or even a still shot of the tractor and whatever it was they were advertising?

I'm not exactly sure what the add was prompting.
"New World Sales Force" maybe some some type of environmental thing?

Skip to the 22 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIp251KCz6k&ab_channel=Salesforce

(quoted from post at 23:54:44 02/14/22) I have no idea what the commercial actually was for, it was a[b:e5c2f540cc] gay looking guy[/b:e5c2f540cc] floating around in a hot air balloon.

Care to elaborate on that?

This post was edited by Carlmac 369 on 02/14/2022 at 09:08 pm.

Thank-you history buff for that info on the Co-op E-3 tractor. It was in the commercial for 5 -8 seconds. It was pulling a 2 wheel trailer full of tree seedlings. Several workers appeared to be planting trees from the trailer alongside the tractor. I'd estimate a 1956-1957 E - 3. If you have one it may be worth more now since it was part of Super Bowl 56. They appeared to be promoting an environmental thing rather than their computer software the company makes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back