Are they 5 Foot tillers that Tractor Supply Sells very heavy duty?

That sounds like another version of 'you get what you pay for'. That would be too light duty for my ownership and use.

I have a 6 foot TSC and abuse it, lot of rocks. l double nutted everything so the vibration doesn't loosen things. Use corn head grease in the transfer case to stop oozing. Was told by a dealer that there wasn't that much difference between the brands.

I've owned a King Kutter ll purchased new from TSC for about 20 yrs. The 1st set of teeth(knives) resembled an Arkansas toothpick having been worn down to sharp points when I installed new knives. No other parts have been replaced.

The 5 , Foot Tillers at Tractor Supply seem to be Light Duty to me. Guy has a used one for sale for $1250 , don't know if its worth it or not? Anyone on here have one?
If its a King Kutter it will be pretty much the same as allot of models out there not much difference. Some of the Farm Stores are selling a cheaper looking tiller that don't look as heavy duty. I have a 4ft King Kutter and a 7ft Brush Hog. Both are built about the same and have been good for my use.

If its a King Kutter it will be pretty much the same as allot of models out there not much difference. Some of the Farm Stores are selling a cheaper looking tiller that don't look as heavy duty. I have a 4ft King Kutter and a 7ft Brush Hog. Both are built about the same and have been good for my use.
It is called County Line and I think it is made by Tarter that make gates, not sure. Anyone know anything about them? Gene

Everybody calls everything "heavy duty." So much so that the words have lost all meaning. If it's not made of tinfoil it's marketed as "heavy duty."

CountyLine, King Kutter, and other "farm store" brands are all made by the same company. Take a look at them, they're all identical, just different colors.

$1250 for a 5ft CountyLine is about 1/2 price of new. Does it look all beat up and clapped out? Unless you're trying to dig up actual concrete, it should do just find and 1/2 price of new sounds like a good buy to me.

The 5 , Foot Tillers at Tractor Supply seem to be Light Duty to me. Guy has a used one for sale for $1250 , don't know if its worth it or not? Anyone on here have one?
When buying a used tiller, check out the general condition and wear of the tines. If worn, you’ll spend a lot of money and time to replace all of them.

When buying a used tiller, check out the general condition and wear of the tines. If worn, you’ll spend a lot of money and time to replace all of them.
Check the gearbox to make sure there is oil in it.

I have the Tractor Supply tiller. It works well, even busting up hard ground. It's not really heavy duty, but I wouldn't call it light duty either.

I bought a 5 ft.CountyLine tiller from them about six years ago, it was built by Tarter. It is gear driven and is very well made. it is also tine reversible. Tarter used to have some videos on YouTube of how they tested their equipment and they were very rugh on it too. They would run their tillers over asphalt,cinder blocks and all kinds of crap and they would hold up. The most common complaints were the oil seals leaking and this was determined to be because the tillers were shipped dry and would sit on there parking lots for months before being sold. The gearbox seals on mine leaked because I overfilled it. Once I removed the excess oil, everything was good. My only other complaint is you have to cut the PTO shaft pretty short. I have a John Deere 3005 and a 5105 and I had to purchase a second shaft and cut it to fit the 3005. I paid around $1500.00 for mine and now they are like $2700.00.

I bought a 6' PTO driven at TSC and it seems to be as HD as the others for sale plus on the www. Its not a do all implement but for what it does, it really works.....just slow going, course aren't all tillers slow going at least first time around.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back