Arps Snow Blower

ajhbike

Member
Just picked up this beauty....DS Roto Flail ....no rust, everything functions smoothly. Should help in the big storms.


mvphoto42070.jpg
 
If it is a dry snow yeah, if it is a
wet snow it bridges and won't get
into the augers
 
I have a 3020....ain't this the glass half empty crowd. Have a video of PO moving 12" of snow like baby powder. Thanks for the feedback...later
 
I have the same thing. While it isn't a modern 2 stage, it does quite well for me in Northern Lower Michigan. I use it on a Belarus 825 and have enough power and traction to run it well. I agree in real wet
heavy snow it tends to push it instead of feeding into the impeller, but for the most part it works fine. Biggest issue I had was using it before the ground was frozen as it would cut into grass or gravel,
but that is a common problem with most blowers as well as plows.
 
Well, being a 1/2 empty guy, I speak from experience. My dad sold a couple of those
things when we were machinery dealers. Customers were not happy with them and not
happy with us for selling them. Customers said they might better have bought a real
snow plow because those things were no more than a pee-poor snow plow.----Loren
 
As I said, I am moving on...Do you think I am going to go scrap it just cause the naysayers had bad experiences? I am not. I am happy I got it and it will have some use...worked for the PO. Bye.
 
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it does
look nice all painted up sitting on a pallet,
surrounded with green grass. While we have no
idea where you live, and what kind of winter snow
conditions you expect to see. For those of us in the
Great Lakes area of North Eastern USA, or
Southern Ontario, were we can receive from one
foot to ten feet of snow, those snow blowers were
just a cruel joke. Built in the late 50?s and 60?s, they
may have been better than a shovel sometimes, but
really were just part of the evolution of the modern
snow blower. Have fun.
 
I had one of those once. It looks like the outer edges are bent. If so you want to fix them. What the other
posters have replied is true, they tend to have issues with real hard packed drifts and especially heavy
wet snow not feeding in well. If you have enough power and traction it helps in wet snow to keep the
blower up a couple inches as that is usually the most moisture . Also if it is tough going once you make
one pass take partial width passes. Last but not least you can also drag them going forward and they
act like a v plow - don't try this in too deep of snow. Where you live and the snow falls you get as well as
your tractor will determine how well this machine works. In lower moisture snow they do Okay with
enough power,traction,a slow reverse and live pto.
 
Well, despite the negative reviews here, I think it's a cool project, and I'd like to have one. I hope you have good luck with it, and I bet with good clean paint, straightened out, and in low gear, you will be fine. Spray some WD40 in the chute and funnel area before use, and I'm willing to bet you can have a good time moving some snow with it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top