Auction results $30,000

I thought I could answer that for you Bruce, since it was the feature in the last Oliver Heritage, but there wasn't a price list for the base tractor and options in the article.

I bought a new Chevy pickup in 1975 a 1500 Cheyenne 4 wheel drive, with out a rear bumper it was $6900.00, just a average pickup of the day!

It never ceases to amaze me the difference in auctioneers. Seems the up north guys just hold on and on here in the south once the bidding stops it is sold. I only watched the first ih 400 sell for thousand dollars. Around here that tractor would been marked sold in nothing like the amount of time he spent on it. None of that begging for bids if you want to buy something you better bid or it is sold.

allis 185 brought 17,300 ,, 1500 hours everything looked like new ,..Wow decent deals ,nutty prices Too Deere sold good ,, Oliver and Cockshutt sold good too , Case and Massey were bargains at this auction ,,. Glad none of My Case tractors were selling here .

Does that one say Cockshutt on the decals or White? I thought they claimed they were all White, but a guy out east of town had one and I'd almost swear it had Cockshutt decals. Not a sword I want to die on, but I sure remember it that way. My 1365 is a 73 model. That one says White Farm Equipment Ltd on the tag, but had Cockshutt decals until I repainted it and decaled it as an Oliver.

Mine says White. When I called the Floyd County museum to get the birth certificate for mine I asked about 2255 Cockshutts and the man said there were none that left the plant but he heard rumors of them and said they are just rebadged whites by guys.

The auctioneer sure worked hard at the sale I was at Saturday. There were three farm sales that day with similar sized stuff. Two were almost all Deere, the other one was CaseIH. I went to one of the Deere sales because the guy was a friend, and he had some duals that I wanted. The auctioneer is a darned good local guy who usually pulls a large crowd and gets top dollar. Sometimes he sells a little too fast for my liking, but the crowd was small and he was working his tail off to get much for anything. In fact, he sold the whole sale himself instead of working as a ring man and letting his two helpers sell. I was stunned by how cheap some of the stuff went. In fact, they said the Deere 9600 combine was going all the way to Florida. It went cheap enough to be able to come out ahead by shipping it all the way down there.

I talked to a guy who had watched the CaseIH sale online and he said things went high on that one. I guess the two Deere sales split the crowd and a lot of them must have gone to the wrong auction.

I really find it hard to believe there was no or maybe 1 as I have heard suggested in the past 2255's badged as Cockshutt. The fellow that bought our homeplace had one that had Cockshutt badges on it. I highly doubt anything had been changed on this tractor as it was not that old at the time ( early 80's) although he bought it used so I guess anything is possible? There were /are several 2255's in the area that are painted cockshutt red but say White. Dont really seem like a super rare tractor to me, and I sure cant see them being worth 30K US!!Didnt even look that nice.
cvphoto168544.jpg

Easy enough to clone one.

Very easily done, the holes for the side spears are already drilled they actually just stuck the White decals right over the holes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back