Back In The Seat

Sean (TX)

Well-known Member
Just a couple days over a month. Working on it on the weekends and after work....Plus waiting on parts...The 41 9N is up and running. Split in 3 and rebuilt the tranny....All I can here is the strait cut gears now...Had the fly wheel resurfaced... new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and pilot bearing......That clutch works like a dream... Need to adjust the left brake now!!!! Left brake should start working now when the clutch is fully depressed... :D :D


Gary you were right on the money on the fuel valve no more leaks...


Joe T (AKA Mission creep) I kept mission creep in check and didnt rebuild the pump after I dropped it...While I was in there I did give the belly a complete cleaning...Just checked and with my 30" King Kutter on she will not lower to the ground for a hour or so....

Have some work planned for her this weekend need to move some on shingles and despose of them...Did a few weekend of roofing in that time frame tooo...Ill finish rhat this saturday...
 
(quoted from post at 22:14:07 11/02/07)

Just checked and with my 30" King Kutter on she will not lower to the ground for a hour or so....

Thats bad ifn you let the handle down during that time....

I'd hate to ride aroung fer an hour waiting on my bush hog to go down.
 

Lever up and engine off
62c94293.gif
202b9647.gif
 

Ill drink to that too
72d5004d.gif


Forgot HOBO...Before I went any farther I checked the clutch like you said....Worked like a charm...Clutch disk was marked this side to flywheel
62c94293.gif
Hard to screw that up
62c94293.gif


Think the whole job ran me about $350 bucks that was including 50 for the GL-1...I think she like the fresh juice. Only changed it a year ago...First mistake a year ago was not dropping the pump and giving her belly a good cleaning...Spray and wipe dont cut it....She had 66 years of build up in that belly...
 

What ?LOL?

Week from hell...At work that is...Glad it is over!!...


Dumped in 5 gallons of GL-1...Turned on the gas she hit on half a crank...That is when I realise I forgot one thing LOL

.
.
.
.
..
.

.
.
.
.
Didnt put the tail pipe on...Sounds mean with no pipe on her
62c94293.gif
 
OH, Lordie, you have warped all of the valves!!!!

No exhaust!!!!

Just an old wives tale, Sean...
 
(quoted from post at 19:14:07 11/02/07)

Joe T (AKA [b:eeb3f0d536]Mission creep[/b:eeb3f0d536]) I kept mission creep in check and didnt rebuild the pump after I dropped it...While I was in there I did give the belly a complete cleaning...Just checked and with my 30" King Kutter on she will not lower to the ground for a hour or so.......

ROFLMAO.....

That sort of thing only happens when you don't have enough iron's in the fire :oops:

I beat on sheet metal all day today. I feel like I am 51, oh wait, I am...

I hope to shoot primer on all my sheet metal next weekend since I will have Veterans day off.

Semper Fi

Joe T (AKA mission creep)
 
[b:7a90ac3261]
Sean; Glad to hear ya gotter dun, and everthing, except the exhuast is quiet. :lol: :lol:
I'm not feeling too well tonight so.... no drinkie for me, maybe tomorrow night!!!!
I'll just sit here and wave the flag at ya.!!!

montana1.gif

Glad the gas leak stopped for ya.!!

Gary[/b:7a90ac3261]
 
(quoted from post at 23:42:12 11/02/07) [b:e79a594618]
Sean; Glad to hear ya gotter dun, and everthing, except the exhuast is quiet. :lol: :lol:
I'm not feeling too well tonight so.... no drinkie for me, maybe tomorrow night!!!!
I'll just sit here and wave the flag at ya.!!!

montana1.gif

Glad the gas leak stopped for ya.!!

Gary[/b:e79a594618]

Gary, I hope you git to feelin better.

You will be in my prayers.
 
[b:054966a96b]

Dunk;
Thanks man, but..... I'm not dying!!! I just feel like I'm 66yrs. old, WAIT I am 66yrs old, OH WOW that really makes me feel bad!!!! :shock:
Mabey one little drinkie might help!!!!???? Ya think.?? :lol:
See what you guys started!!! :?

Gary 8) [/b:054966a96b]
 
(quoted from post at 22:39:52 11/02/07)
(quoted from post at 19:14:07 11/02/07)

Joe T (AKA [b:94a33feea8]Mission creep[/b:94a33feea8]) I kept mission creep in check and didnt rebuild the pump after I dropped it...While I was in there I did give the belly a complete cleaning...Just checked and with my 30" King Kutter on she will not lower to the ground for a hour or so.......

ROFLMAO.....

That sort of thing only happens when you don't have enough iron's in the fire :oops:

I beat on sheet metal all day today. I feel like I am 51, oh wait, I am...

I hope to shoot primer on all my sheet metal next weekend since I will have Veterans day off.

Semper Fi

Joe T (AKA mission creep)


About time you got that 9N finished up!!! I know how those side project keep you away from the old iron projects...Not to mention the tin is the hardest part of the project....I try to tell everyone to do the tin first....Wire wheeling cast iron is not easy but most of the time it is not rusted through or cracked....Saw your post on the other board...Not sure how they done my hood but it has several welds...I know I couldnt have done it with a stick welder...Tig or mig...Wish I had one...They look rough but it gives them character!! They have been around the block a few times...Long live the old iron...
 
(quoted from post at 23:06:49 11/02/07) [b:27884284fb]

Dunk;
Thanks man, but..... I'm not dying!!! I just feel like I'm 66yrs. old, WAIT I am 66yrs old, OH WOW that really makes me feel bad!!!! :shock:
Mabey one little drinkie might help!!!!???? Ya think.?? :lol:
See what you guys started!!! :?

Gary 8) [/b:27884284fb]

Good stiff drink wont kill ya....Might help...Hope you get over it soon...Get any more snow?
 
Gary, you still in my prayers anyways.

I love my friends that live inside of my computer.

I don't thank I could live without them.

I couldn't even name them all even ifn I tried.

I can name you though!!

Hang in there!!

I'll put on a pot of vittles tomorrow.
 
[b:04d5528926]
Dunk;
You made me feel better already. I think I'll get "Wild Turkey" up on the stand tomorrow and get him tuned up.!!!! :)
I'll bet you did not know about him. 708cc's, shaved head, and ported for hill climbing.!!! 136" paddle track, 2 3/4" paddles. Feelin' better all the time.!!!

wildturkey.jpg

WAAAAHOOOO!! :shock:

Gary :D [/b:04d5528926]
 
[b:e215ac58e3]

That's his winter perch.!! That's how he got his name. That deck used to be the summer drankin' deck, but ... since I built the big deck on the front of the house, that became his place, during the snow mos. 8)

[/b:e215ac58e3]
 
[b:37a0eee834]
Sean;
So.....now that ya got the 9 runnin', you gonna put a glasspac on the exhust pipe???? :lol:
I'll bet you are a hppy camper now that it is done!!!

Gary :) [/b:37a0eee834]
 

Nope...going to leave the stock exhuast on it...Now to finish the other project...Time to get on the roof and finish that. Should be done with that today...
 
[b:a60d31316c]

Well, be careful, and don't.........aw, you know what I'm thinkin'
:lol: :lol:
Gary[/b:a60d31316c]
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top