Back to my flat tire

37 chief

A couple days ago I posted about the rear tire on my JD 401B was flat when I arrived to do a mowing job. I aired it up wen I got back home, and it lost 1 lb over night. Today after sitting in the sun,it's back to the same pressure Is was when I first filled it. All I can do is keep watching it. I had a trailer tire go flat this year also. I put the tire in water no leak. Overnight it was flat. After doing the same thing again with the same results the tire now has a tube. Stan

One rear on that Oliver 600 that I just finished went soft after a week or so from the time that I drained the chloride out of them. I tightened the core maybe half a turn or so and it hasn't done it again. Have you tried tightening it?

Many tires (in my experience) can go flat when parked such that the leak is stressed. When parked with the leak in any other position the leak self seals. What is a mother to do. Jim

I have had more trouble with cores lately than at any other time in my nearly 60 years of dealing with tires. They seem to be not made like they were years ago, just like grease fittings.
DWF

a thing to do as old as air is ,.. put some spit on valve core and see it it leaks. it a standard thing to do or used to be,.. ooh but you know that u been around tires since christ was a cowboy. them caps need to be on pretty tight to stop a leak.

Try replacing the valve stem valve. Sometimes they get dirt in them and when you air them up it disturbs the dirt enough it's more air tight.

Yeah but it aint that simple. When the tire expands and contracts, V is not constant, and V directly changes. Also, that is a perfect gas equation, and air isn't perfect.

I have a front tire that goes down in three days. It was up Monday and I had not aired it up for thee weeks. As soon as the weather warms up it will go flat a 1/2 mile from the house 🙄

A couple days ago I posted about the rear tire on my JD 401B was flat when I arrived to do a mowing job. I aired it up wen I got back home, and it lost 1 lb over night. Today after sitting in the sun,it's back to the same pressure Is was when I first filled it. All I can do is keep watching it. I had a trailer tire go flat this year also. I put the tire in water no leak. Overnight it was flat. After doing the same thing again with the same results the tire now has a tube. Stan
Stan,
I have tire pressure monster in my car.
I can say as a rule of thumb, my tire pressure changes 1 psi for every 10 degrees change in temp.
And yes the sun warms up the tires.

Many tires (in my experience) can go flat when parked such that the leak is stressed. When parked with the leak in any other position the leak self seals. What is a mother to do. Jim
Maybe Mark the top of the tire when you find it flat and then park it that way a few more times. If flat each time, then park it in same orientation and start looking for leaks.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back