Bale Hauling

rusty6

Had a load of bales left to haul that I needed to get done before the cold weather settles in. Its a 5 mile trip one way on an open tractor. Nice weekend with above normal temps so the old Massey Super 90 was back on the job. Still some nice leaf scenery out there but we will lose a lot today in the high winds forecast.
mvphoto98283.jpg

I would have volunteered for that job free of charge. There is just something I like about the sound of those Perkins diesels they put in a Super 90.

(quoted from post at 10:14:50 10/11/22) I would have volunteered for that job free of charge. There is just something I like about the sound of those Perkins diesels they put in a Super 90.
The Perkins 300 is a great engine for sure. Too bad the power steering pump is so weak though. Its getting to the point I have to keep the rpms up on the engine to have good steering at low speeds handling bales.

I have been hauling a few bales home this past few
days too. My trip is 25 miles one way. So I like to get
the load strapped down good.

cvphoto137816.jpg

The water you see in the distance is just over a mile
across, and not a ripple on it, beautiful fall day

(quoted from post at 17:10:12 10/11/22) Does a 90 have a pretty decent road speed?
Yes, that is the only reason I use it rather than the JD 2140. High speed, weak steering and no brakes. Sounds like a great combination, right? :lol:

(quoted from post at 17:54:51 10/11/22)
(quoted from post at 17:10:12 10/11/22) Does a 90 have a pretty decent road speed?
Yes, that is the only reason I use it rather than the JD 2140. High speed, weak steering and no brakes. Sounds like a great combination, right? :lol:

(quoted from post at 06:12:05 10/12/22) Nice wagon, what is the horsepower, is it 90 horse or something else?
The wagon used to be a 1946 Ford truck. Its heavy duty. Dual 7.50x20 tires on the original axle. The Super 90 is rated around 70 pto horsepower I believe. Any little rise in the road will make it work a little harder in 8th gear with that load of 11 bales.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back