Be safe out there!!!

big tee

Well-known Member
Watch out for spinning PTO shafts!!!---Tee
 

Attachments

  • 414077811_705784734985338_8410254732734059887_n.jpg
    414077811_705784734985338_8410254732734059887_n.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 346
My Mom helped Dad fill silo. The silo was right near the road. She was standing right by the PTO shaft because Dad always filled the Gehi wagon too full. She had one of those bent tine forks (hoe) to keep the lumps from plugging the blower when they fell down in the traveling belt. The PTO grabbed her dress. Thank goodness it was an old thin cotton dress. She said it was gone before she had time to react. It took the dress and slip. She looked up and there was the mailman, just driving by....James
 
Had a pair of old, shredded shorts end up that way after getting on the tractor. Was down at the horse farm & had finished unloading hay from the bale wagon.. Got my left foot on the tractor's platform, went to swing my right leg up & over the seat & had a blowout. Shorts tore clear up the right side to the belt line giving the horses something to laugh at. And then the ladies. :oops:

Mike
 
I have been involved in disentangling two accidents involving people being wound up in the PTO. The saddest part is on the same farm, and the same PTO drive manure pump. Unfortunately, the clothing didn't tear free, in either case.
 
Every August mom would buy new jeans for school which I would wear till they wore out or were too little. When I was 13 or 14 I got an old pair caught on the pto shaft while unloading silage. It ripped half the jeans off me but I was able to not get wound up on the shaft. Just another time I should have been dead.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top