belarus 250 transmission road gear

luckie

New User
Hi all first time in a long time.
I have a 250, it has run very well for 10 years but from the day I got it it would not go into road gear. All other gears work well but high gear will not engage, the lever will not go all the way over. Any ideas out there. I suspect linkage but am uncertain what might be the problem. I could take the shift lever and its plate off and have a look but I was wondering if someone else had this problem and knows a fix.

There is a transmission interlock that needs to be adjusted.It works with the clutch linkage.The shift rails run crosswise on that transmission,like east to west,not north-south like most.If you look under the floorpan,I believe on the left side you'll see the interlock linkage.Have someone work your clutch and gearshift,while you look under the floorpan from the rear,where the top of the trans and the maincase meet,you'll see it.You have to make sure the clutch linkage is realeasing the shift rails,and also that it locks the shift rails in gear,when the clutch is released.

Update:
Did the adjustment to interlock. Problem did not resolve, still will not go fully into road gear. Lever only goes about halfway into 5th gear slot and clutch only comes up halfway when you try to engage it. All other gears work smooth and it shifts ease between high and low range and the shuttle works smooth. I suspect a bent fork, thoughts.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back