Belly mowers

Don't know what a Big Iron is. Do you mean a FORD 8N? Whatever model, if you have a 3-PT on an N, Hundred, or Thousand Series, I'd go with a pull-behind mower and forget about any belly mower. A 3-PT takes what 30 seconds to hitch up? What is involved attaching and disconnecting a belly mower? I used a WOODS 660 Finish Mower on my 8N to mow 10 acres with and it worked fine.

TPD

I agree with Tim. If you want a dedicated mower tractor, then a belly mower would be fine, but if you want a multi-purpose tractor, a 3 point mounted bush hog and/or finish mower is the way to go.

I had a Woods belly mower on a 2N that made a great mowing machine, but that was all it was. The mower required losing the 3 point for anything else, plus it had no drawbar for pulling. I was also disappointed in the small distance it would lift before hitting the tractor belly.
I went to a 3 point finish mower& never went back!

This post was edited by Lynn Patrick on 09/24/2022 at 06:12 am.

Hey Guys, really appreciate and agree with what you're saying about belly mowers vs. 3 pt. mowers. I have a 3 pt. already, but it can't get into some unique narrow fence row areas on my place without the hassle of backing a long way into there. I have a tractor that I could dedicate to a belly mower and it would be able to drive in and turn around easily. So the question still is, what woods or other model works on a 800 series tractor?

I believe that model will work but the front bracket is different and the center piece for the rear pulley will have a 1 1/8 shaft. It maybe possible to call your woods dealer and ask if they have the bracket and the correct shaft piece for 1 3/8.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back