belt pulley

ILB

I just got a Allis Chalmers WD45 tractor without a belt pulley. I purchased a belt pulley separately a while ago. I was going to put the pulley on. Took the 3 bolts out and when I removed the cover oil also came out. I put the cover back on quickly. This does not seem correct. Is it possible there is to much oil in that area? Any help would be appreciated.

There should be oil in there. Thats how the gears are lubed. The hole has a cork gasket that seals against the tube of the pulley.
AaronSEIA

Park it on a side hill to help keep oil in while you install the pulley.

Also, if you have a bolted cover, thats not what came on it from the factory. Factory was a deep frost plug style cover.

That oil is the hydraulic oil and as has been said should be there. Check with the tractor level and the lift rams at the rear fully extended, Check and add at the small twist cap dip stick on the other side of the tractor about across from the belt pulley. It may have 20 weight oil, hydraulic oil or tractor lube/oil in it, all will work.

(quoted from post at 04:42:48 04/27/23) Park it on a side hill to help keep oil in while you install the pulley.

Also, if you have a bolted cover, thats not what came on it from the factory. Factory was a deep frost plug style cover.

The 3 hole plate was used on the first 10,594 tractors. Then updated to the deep plug.
AaronSEIA

If memory serves me right when I removed the pulley and put a plate on it I parked the tractor on a hill so the pulley side was higher. The fluid went away from the pulley side.

This post was edited by mdm1 on 04/27/2023 at 01:48 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back