Best 1985-2003 year 85-110hp Tractor?

I am looking for a new to me Cab Tractor. We do not have a large operation we only run around 100 head of cattle, 350 acres and bale roughly 300 bales of hay each year. We currently run a 2555 Cab John Deere,5670 Agco open station and a 685 CaseIH open station. But the 2555 John Deere does 90% of the work on the farm because it has the cab. I am wanting something a little bigger than our 2555 and it must have a cab/Heat/AC and will have a front end loader. I have been looking at some 2755-2955,6300-6400, 6210-6410 John Deere Tractors the 10 series would be pushing towards the end of my budget for a tractor. Is any of them models/series superior to the others? I am not dead set on a John Deere but there is plenty of dealers with in 40 min drive all around me incase I need parts which is a big plus. There is currently a Agco RT95 and a 6150 Massey Ferguson on craigslist close that are worth the money but don't no how they would compare to the John Deeres which is mainly all I have really ran for the most part. My main question is what model Cab Tractors would you all recommend in the 85-110 HP range something roughly newer than say 1988 and older than 2003, FWA does not really matter but will have a loader on it.

I would say a JD 6400 or 7200 would work well. A JD 6410 would have some updates but not enough to rule out a good 6400. In this size I would make MFWD a priority for a loader tractor.

I had a 1992 CaseIH 5140 4wd with loader, right around 95 hp. Was a decent tractor for us. 6 cylinder CDI powered, smooth running tractor , nice selection of gears, 4 speed power shift, cab was quite enough, not the best for a man 6 foot tall or bigger, the overhead console will obstruct your view, but every tractor seems to have something folks won?t like. The parking break can be expensive to repair on these tractors, and that?s the good and bad about a 5140 from me, it was a good tractor.

IH 986 or JD 4240. are good solid tractors,with limited(as in no) 'electromics'/computers.That's where I would be looking.

That's kind of like asking who was the prettiest girl! Lol. Some swear by a particular make/model, and some swear at them !!

Definitely hold out for a fwa if you are going to have a loader on it. I love my CX100 Case. Bought it at 800 hrs. Now have 2500 on it. 85 hp. Nice cab. Besides tires, battery and starter I have not spent one penny on it.

I had a 2-105 White that I liked ok but a 2-110 or newer style console shift would be better. I have been trying to keep my eyes peeled for another good white but they are hard to find in good shape in my area.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back