Best Quality Pliers Holster?

big a

Member
Tired of the ones I get at TSC falling apart every few months. I carry the Snap-On HL138 pliers, and am afraid I'll lose them someday. Had them for years, would buy a new pair if lost, but spendy!
I like the holster with a retaining strap, but the rivets always pull out of the corners, and stitching unravels.

Any recommendations? I am thinking about having some made up, by a custom pistol holster maker I know. For some reason, I think one with basket weave tooling, and rawhide wrapping would be cool. Probably stop short of any silver stars or conchos, but this has been on my mind for awhile.

Am I crazy for thinking about this?
 
I have been using the CLC holsters from the big box farms stores for years. I usually get two years out of them and I wear them everywhere but church. You are right the rivets start to tear out of the corners, but for me I have to get a new one because the nose of the pliers has worn thru almost to the point of falling out.

You are not crazy, but for me its the pliers in the holster, only CeeTee brand and I was sad to see them switch to rivets instead of the bolt holding them together, they changed the pliers a little too.

Nate

Nate
 
That is what I have been using, the CLC brand, and they just fall apart on me. I restitched mine last night for the second time. Once the rivets pull out, it just keeps pulling against the stitching.
Been giving some serious consideration to designing one with a large swivel rivet, like the old Don Hume pistol holsters had, to sort of let them turn sideways when in the truck seat.
Those were a kind of bad design for a fast draw, but I'm not bringing pliers to a gunfight!
 
I have a military holder that held an electricians knife and pliers.May have been made by the Klein Tool Co.They may still be in business.
 
I have one that swivels just below my belt it is not as prone to catching on things makes it easer to ride in a truck or tractor, it was made by a old Mexican cowboy who worked for me for a few years, currently during the winters he builds saddles and repairs tack.
A local saddle maker makes some nice ones but they are spendy.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top