big ol tractor

r.w.b.

several older guys be tractor talking id hear that 400 case is a BIG OL TRACTOR.
later years i learned why. most had other brands equivlent to a 400 but were in field with a 400. seems the 400 was noted for sneaking up behind em plowing cut throttle to headland
1 story i like,neighbor had a new 400 farmall. his neighbor had a heavy 1 way cutting disc he was pulling with his 400 case. the farmall owners son thought he could pull that disc so they switched.during the change 1 guy screwed the depth stop down 3 inches. 400 farmall went 5 ft. switched back n the 400 case pulled it and was still set 3 inches deep. he went to headland got off emptied his bladder and raised disc up

That reminds me of a visit to our reputable Case dealer in Algoma, WI Braun Implement. This must have been about 1960. My Dad and I walked back to the shop area to ask Fritz the mechanic a question. He was working on a big 500 diesel and I couldn't believe my eyes. I had never seen such a monster. In our neighborhood a DC4 or Super M was considered a big tractor. My Dad wondered who on earth would need such a big tractor.

Dad and I took 2 of Dad's DCs and a couple 3/16plows to help my uncle plow an 80 that he rented. Dad and I got there and the uncle's brother had a new 500 diesel and 5/16 Case plow. I sure wanted to drive that big tractor and plow but only got to follow it thru the field.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back