Big weekend in the kingdom!

jon f mn

Of course we had some of the family over for the big day. Rarely get all of them at once because there are so many and they have other families too. This year it was my y two older daughters and kids. No pics of that tho, don't know why I forgot about that. Lol. On Friday I took the royal beans into the elevator in the morning. They we're not too good largely due to having too much rain, I had some loss from white mold. In the afternoon I changed the oil in the "stuff getter" and changed a couple u-joints so she was ready for my Saturday trip. Even put new brakes in the wife's car. So that was a busy day as well.

Saturday I left at O-dark thirty to head to Iowa to get kingdom's new planter. Came across this on FB and decided that it was better than what I had so I bought it.

cvphoto3865.jpg

cvphoto3866.jpg

Then it was a few miles east to pickup what case calls an "optimum tillage hitch".

cvphoto3867.png

It hooks to a cultivator so you can pull the planter behind and save a trip across the field.

cvphoto3868.png

Had no problem unloading with the DC, never underestimate a DC! The trip was 283 miles each way.

cvphoto3869.jpg

Sunday started out nice so I started moving my stuff home from where I've been storing it. Got a baler, chopper, disc and a parts planter moved home.

cvphoto3871.jpg

cvphoto3873.jpg

cvphoto3875.jpg

cvphoto3876.jpg

The chopper and baler are both in very good shape with little use and I'm glad I can finally get them inside. The disc needs a lot of work including new blades on the front, some bearings and some welding. But I have the blades already and so it will be a winter project. Looks like between the two planters I'll have most of what I need to get one together and hope to have that done by spring too. Even got some in the shed. Had to take the spout off the chopper because it was just an inch too tall.

cvphoto3877.jpg

cvphoto3878.jpg

cvphoto3879.jpg

cvphoto3880.jpg

It's amazing how quickly the sheds are filling up. The weather is supposed to be nice next weekend so hopefully I'll get more stuff moved then.

Looks like you are getting a lot of use out of the round building. Never realized you were a died hard case guy. You could drive all day in these parts and not see that much older case stuff.

Jon: I'm starting to get you confused with the original "King of Obsolete" from Canada ! lol.

Don?t take this the wrong way, but I haven?t seen a CASE baler like that for many a moon. I believe Royalton had the nearest CASE dealer and their stuff just didn?t take hold around home.

Those Case 200 balers have a real good reputation. Only new one family in area that had one but they baled thousands of hay for their dairy herd with nary a problem. Your "chisel-planter" (I believe that's what Case called them) is another story though. They never worked well in the midwest as the planter always balled up planting in freshly tilled soil. Not saying it is not a good planter but it will have to be pulled separately from the digger. Ground needs a few hours to dry after tillage before planting or at least a few minutes.

Those are not the greatest balers. They make a nice Bale and tie good, but they are light duty and not very high capacity.

This is not the case chisel planter, that is a whole different deal. Same planter units tho. They did not catch on, and I'm not surprised.

I would be glad to come and get that chopper out of your shed. I am sort of looking for a 550 IH and I think your Case is the same as the 550 or maybe a 55. I spent part of last week packing sheds as well. Tom

That chopper is made by IH, but was made to case specs with some case parts. There are several pieces on it that have the case eagle casted in them. Case did that a lot, had someone else make something, but changed it some too. The 955 swather you see in the pics is an example. They were made by heston, but this one has a case engine and I understand that the cutter head is made different as well.

Jon, It warmed up here a bit Sunday and I too got some of my stuff in the back barn.
Winter weather caught me with my pants down!!! I also got the belly mower off the Kubota and mounted the loader so I can plow the driveway after I get the neighbors 580C TLB that I am fixing moved.
Loren

We had a neighbor back in the middle 50's who had a Case baler
that baled our hay. Older then yours. The only one I ever seen like yours was 12 mile west of me sitting at the edge of a field and I never seen it moved in 20 years. Paint looked good on it.

I wonder what number Pa's Case swather was? It was 1960's vintage with the Wisc. air cooled engine. They were also made by Heston.

Hey Jon, looks like getting the kingdom's sheds full! If that spout is only an inch too high, what if just raise the hitch with the 3 point while going through the door? Should get you enough clearance, once in looks like you're OK.

I?d never seen that Case hitch or hecombo of a digger and planter like that. In the wet clay here, that would be a disaster.

There was a Case dealer here, but he went under before the 1980s. Still some tractors around, but never saw many implements of any kind local.

Oliver was really big here back in the day.

Paul

My dad had had a pull between field cultivator made by Brillion. 6 row hooked to 3 point with cables bolted to drawbar so when picked up on the end the wings would fold and you turn around tight.

Never worked for the reasons you stated. Can not plant in freshly tilled soil even in our sandy loam.

Dad had the same thing only his was Kewanee, we used it for a decade or more and it worked good. But then we always disced first.

(quoted from post at 17:45:43 11/26/18) That chopper is made by IH, but was made to case specs with some case parts. There are several pieces on it that have the case eagle casted in them. Case did that a lot, had someone else make something, but changed it some too. The 955 swather you see in the pics is an example. They were made by heston, but this one has a case engine and I understand that the cutter head is made different as well.

I was wondering about that, because it looked awfully similar to the IH 50 chopper on the farm.

So "Case IH" was a thing long before the merger.

Tom, we may be able to help you with a 550 IH. Dad's is sitting in the back corner of the shed and hasn't been used in years. Send me an email. If I remember right, we're both in the same corner of WI.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back