Bill in IL

Working on a bin fan tonight changing a motor. Its a 10hp radial type fan direct mounted to the motor shaft.

I broke the split taper bushing trying to get the motor shaft out of the bushing and hub assembly. Of course its an obsolete part. Grandpa called it a "Dodge hub" cause the bushing and hub assembly bolt to the fan. It was manufactured by Mathews company from Crystal lake, IL Does anyone know of this company and if parts can be found?

The tapered bushing is 3.055 inches on the small end and 3.155 inches on the large end. On the tapered bushing it says "woods CYA SF 1 3/8" I know the 1 3/8 is the shaft size. Know where I can get a split taper bushing of that size?

Anyone have a bin fan setup like this they would like to get rid of? Spare parts you know.... there are 3 of these fans on a 42 foot bin.

Any information as to where to find a bushing or parts would be great. I got more web searching to do but maybe someone else has these.

should be able to buy a new Browning hub assembly, take it into an elect. motor shop, they should be able to find /order one.

Well I feel sort of dumb.... posted too soon found woods still makes hubs. Checking into it right now.

Does anyone know though do they make "dodge hubs" This one mounts on the split taper bushing and is about 11 inches in diameter with holes on the outer rim to bolt to. Still may need one of these or may be good to have on hand.

Mathews Company of Crystal Lake Ill. has been in the Farm Equipment/Grain Drying Machinery Manufacturing for over 50 years and can be reached at 800-323-7045.When I was in the Grain Bin and Equipment buisness back in the 1970's and 1980's Mathews Co. was one of my most respected lines of Equipment to offer my customers.JH

theres a DODGE POWER TRANSMISSION distributor close to me that would prob have part or could get it for you.
Columbus Bearing and Industrial Supply.
979-732-6326
ask for Bruce

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back