black belt dressing

Years ago I had a stick of black, rosin based belt dressing. It was about the same size as a grease tube. Do any of you fellas know where I can get another stick of this. I am aware that most belt dressings now come in a spray can but I have never found anything that worked like this ol black stuff. Thanks
 
My paper-wrapped tube of belt dressing is now 2" long, IMO too dangerous to use on a running belt. Instead of buying a new stick, I switched to a liquid belt dressing, I can't remember the brand but the can is green. a few drops on a non-running belt spreads quickly when running again.
 
I have part of a tube in the tool box on my thresher but there isn't enough of the outside covering to get a name off of it. if someone has the name of it please post it . Thanks Gerald
 
I have part of a tube in the tool box on my thresher but there isn't enough of the outside covering to get a name off of it. if someone has the name of it please post it . Thanks Gerald
"Pulmore", perhaps, or did they just make the liquid stuff?
 
My Dad used a black material that poured out of a rectangular can with a pour tip like what is on a light oil can.. He used it on the belt to grind feed with and on the trashing machine also. He still used it years after we started using a combine. But I cannot tell you the name of it.
 
I have part of a tube in the tool box on my thresher but there isn't enough of the outside covering to get a name off of it. if someone has the name of it please post it . Thanks Gerald
If it's yellow, it's Cling Surface. I have a couple sticks of it for my threshers. It came in a stick, squeeze tube, small can & eventually a spray can. Don't think it's in production anymore. You can still find it on eBay.

Mike
 
That brings back memories of helping my dad cut firewood with the front mounted saw rig. Just crazy dangerous sticking that stick of dressing on a moving belt.
It can be dangerous if you’re not applying it safely . Apply the dressing to the side of the belt that is running away from the pulley ,not into the pulley.
 
Yep, Cling is what I use too, started this stick in the 80’s, guess theres still 10-20 years left on it. I believe they went out of business in the 90’s

IMG_2359.png

IMG_2358.png
 
My Dad used a black material that poured out of a rectangular can with a pour tip like what is on a light oil can.. He used it on the belt to grind feed with and on the trashing machine also. He still used it years after we started using a combine. But I cannot tell you the name of it.
Is it a secret ? 😅
 
I remember dad using the stick in a tune on the silo filler blower.

We did go to the can with the spout to squeeze the liquid on since.

Paul
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top