Bleed fuel system 1030 Case

Is there a way to bleed the fuel system without the hand pump? Mine doesn’t pump at all
Yes, use air to blow in the tank, or have help try pulling it while in high gear to crank engine over with all six injector line nuts loose. Tap/pull down the lines after the nuts are loose to make sure the Ermeto line ends pop out of the injectors.

Is there a way to bleed the fuel system without the hand pump? Mine doesn’t pump at all.
When I first got my 1030 my kid brother(cheap labor) ran it out of fuel twice, after fighting to get it primed the first time a good friend told me to buy a new fuel cap. I drilled the old cap to accept a air sniffer valve. Then put old cap on fuel tank and add a little air.(don't over do it only needs a few pounds) then just open bleeders. Make sure to remove cap when done. Others have told me that in a pinch they have used a old inner tube and put a hose clamp on fuel tank inlet.

Fuel should flow through that primer to the first two filters whether you pump it or not. First filter for sure. Are you sure that fuel is flowing? Those priming pumps get plugged up and can be the cause. Just replaced them on 2 930CK's cause of the same issue. Make sure you have enough fuel in the tank, take the bleeder out of first filter and if fuel don't flow you have plugged primer or line issues.

On my 830 I did the same. First took all the filters off and filled them with clean fuel. Opened the bleeder on the primary, when it bubbled out I opened the secondary. Cracked injectors. It took a little cranking and finally fired. Make sure you bleed the final filter, the third filter that goes straight to the injection pump, very well or the filter light will stay on and it won't build good pressure. Good luck, Nick

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back