bleed power steering lines

celletti123

New User
hello all I just replaced the left steering cylinder om M-F 203 and the fluid as well I loosened the lines 80% and with the front end up manually turned the front wheels left and right. The fluid drained out and I got about a quart I added clean fluid and dit it s few more times to get the dredges out. I refilled pump with clean fluid tightened the lines and continued to turn wheels left /right with the fill cap off to force air out. Is this the way to force the air out. I still have no power assist. Maybe I have not gotten all the air out. am willing to continue. Thank you for any advice. Tractor on john

To bleed the air out one need to jack the front end up so both tires are off the ground. Start it up and then turn all the way one way then all the way the other way a few times. Shut it off and check fluid level and do that again till it has bled the air out. Doing it when not running does little or nothing

Thanks old. Do I remove the fill cap on the pump or leave it capped and tight. What would you use for fluid is dextron ok It calls for type A but could not find.

I have another question on the M-F 203. Is there a filter or screen for the power steering/assist. I looked but could not find Thanks

The new Dextron 4 and 5 are a universal type ATF so yes you can use it. As for filter etc. I do not know I do not know that model as such just know tractor in general

The new Dextron 4 and 5 are a universal type ATF so yes you can use it. As for filter etc. I do not know I do not know that model as such just know tractor in general.

And yes put the cap back on or it will fling ATF out when it is running

thank you. I raised the front end went left to right several times but still only muscle steering.That's why I thought maybe there was a clogged filter/screen. I think I'm gonna have to replace the right cylinder since while raised up it is turning funny like the stroke is longer on the right side

thanks for the re. If the front end is raised and the lines are possibly crossed will it turn at all from right to
left. I have no issue switching the lines. I thought I marked the upper with a blue string but anything is possible
and I'll try almost anything to get it rolling the grass is going on 2' tall and I need to shred. thanks Is there a
filter?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back