Block sealer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter T
  • Start date Start date

T

Well-known Member
Last fall I bought a Farmall C today I went to change oil in it, now the block has been cracked and welded, at one point in its life, on the carb side. Anyway I had noticed once during the winter that it had leaked antifreeze out of a couple small spots on the weld, apparently it leaks inside as well because there was some antifreeze in the oil. Is there any kind of good block sealer that might take care of the leak? I kinda want to be able to use it some with out the fear of wrecking the bearings so I am considering draing the antifreeze and running water and draining it in the fall.
 
I am like you, I try the easy way out also. I had a sleeve O ring leaking on one of my tractors. It was fine except for that. I tried a product from Napa called Irontite. I had to do the process a couple times before it finally sealed. It may be worth a try. Then there is the get a new block. Stan
 
That crack is not where it gets to the oil.The engine on your tractor is a wet sleeve meaning coolant is around the sleeve. There is an o-ring around each sleeve sealing the coolant from the oil pan and you just mite have a small leak in one or more sleeve. The weld can be sealed by using some rubber cement if you clean the area real good. JB WELD can also be used so will fiberglass and resin. I find the rubber cement works better have used it for 5yrs now on a B.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top