Bosch injector pump stuck (830)

So I finally got around to pulling it, and as I suspected the rack and two plungers on my pump are stuck from sitting. Kind of frustrating as it is an indoors stored tractor, and it has only been about 4 years. To begin even the hope of freeing it up, if I put Kroil in the holes where the injector lines thread, would that creep down to do anything to free up the plungers? And where exactly would I want to get something soaking on the rack? Lay it on its side?
 
830, I have never nrun into thatn personally but I would guess that the plungersmay have varnished up instead of rust, I wonder if something like Gum Cutter or something similar would do what you want you could lay the pump so that the bottom of the plunger area could be kept wet. Keep us posted as to how you make out, good luck.
 
Only takes one stuck plunger to keep any inline pump control rack from moving as needed. You MIGHT get lucky by carefully tapping down the stuck plungers, but pump has to come off engine to try. I've freed several up that way. DO NOT try to remove the delivery valve holders, as you will PROBABLY pull the aluminum threads out of the main housing. The Case 70 series pumps seal different on the holders so they come out easier.
 
Right or wrong I have filled the pump with lacquer thinner and let it sit a while. Use a cordless drill and socket on the front of the pump and run it. Thinner will shoot out of the plungers with the rack open a little. Have done it on several pumps and the thinner did not seem to hurt anything...set the timing and put the pump back on.
 
You were EXTREMELY lucky, last one I had in needed torn completely down to free up all the plungers and delivery valves. All depends how long they set unused while the fuel goes stale.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top