I have an inline 6 injector pump from a Fiat allis crawler loader.
It starts & runs well BUT, it will not rev over 1500 rpm.
The throttle lever is only part way towards the stop screw, yet the govenor springs can be felt pushing back against me if I try to open the throttle any more. Also the engine speed starts to drop the harder I push the lever.
I have taken the govenor cover off the back of the pump & can see nothing bent or broken in there.
Any ideas?
It starts & runs well BUT, it will not rev over 1500 rpm.
The throttle lever is only part way towards the stop screw, yet the govenor springs can be felt pushing back against me if I try to open the throttle any more. Also the engine speed starts to drop the harder I push the lever.
I have taken the govenor cover off the back of the pump & can see nothing bent or broken in there.
Any ideas?