Bosch PSB Pump Shaft Seal

DanielW

Hi folks,

This question is for my Massey 555, but posting here because I know these injection pumps were used on many makes/models:

Went to change the oil yesterday after the tractor had been sitting for several months and found the crankcase full of diesel. I'm guessing it's the shaft seal on the transfer pump on the side of the injection pump - I've had one fail before on another tractor with the same result, and I know it's a common failure on these PSB's.

I can't for the life of me find where I ordered the last new shaft seal from. Wondering if anyone here knows a part number/source for one. I could take it apart, measure, and match one up, but I'd rather have the right one on hand and ready to go.

If anyone knows the part # of this shaft seal it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks DieselTech,

I ordered that seal (or rather, the SKF equivalent). I think I'll start with that and hope it's not the head seals. I've never torn apart a PSB pump further than the transfer pump, so I don't really know the mechanism like a do with a Roosa-Master/Stanadyne, but looking at the parts breakdown in the AMBAC manual, I don't see any seals for the head shaft listed - only the static seals for the head to the main body.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back