Bought a great old tool.

Ultradog MN

I've been wanting a good set of snap ring pliers.
Went on Craigslist and not much to be found local. So I went on searchtempest.com and set the distance for 1000 miles.
Saw a bunch of Mac, Snapon, etc around the country but they all wanted about $90+ for a pair.
Finally got out in the MT, ID area and saw these. Called the guy but he was reluctant to ship them - wary of a scam. We talked for a bit and got a sense of each other. Both of us just regular guys. I said I'd send him a USPS money order. He could go to the PO, cash the MO, get the free flat rate box and pay with the cash. No risk to him and one stop shopping.
He finally agreed. It came yesterday.
VERY nice, heavy tool. About 10" long, 30? years old he said, USA made, bunch of extra tips. Has the ratchet so it keeps the jaws open - or closed - depending on direction.
Brand is Hi-Tech. Model 65.
Paid $20 + 12.50 shipping.
I'm tickled pink to have them.
Thanks for letting me brag a little.

cvphoto35037.jpg

cvphoto35038.jpg

That looks nice! Hope they do all you ask of them. I've got SnapOn sets upto a 6" I.D. and O.D. for heavy duty transmission work years ago. Cost like $50 a pair over 30 years ago.

Good deal. I have the same pair I got at the pawn shop for 12 or $15. Only had the tip that were in it though. I ended up breaking one and the replacement tips are around $30. Been debating just buying another pliers with tips for $55.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back