Bought some tractors

Nebraska Kirk

Well-known Member
I finally made a deal to buy several tractors that I have been trying to get for over 10 years. They are a Farmall 400D, two Farmall 350D, a Farmall H with a side mounted Kosch sickle mower and a Farmall 560D.
 
I am not sure, the tractors have all been sitting outside for decades and are in rough shape so I am getting them for scrap price. The 560 is in the best condition and the engine may not be stuck. I am fairly sure the engines in the others are stuck though. The elderly gentlemen that farmed with them years ago said one of the 350Ds had a major engine failure, maybe a broken crankshaft.


mvphoto76426.jpg

mvphoto76427.jpg


mvphoto76428.jpg


mvphoto76429.jpg

mvphoto76430.jpg



This post was edited by Nebraska Kirk on 06/04/2021 at 06:16 am.
 
I'm glad you got them for scrap price. That's about all they are. However,a lot of folks seem to think old tractors like those are 'gold'.But
there are some definite possibilities there. Is the 350D a Continental engine?
 
We farmed with a 350D in the 60's. Overall a good tractor but ours broke the crank shaft and when the mechanic took it apart it had a cracked head. I hope you can get yours running again long with the rest of
them you bought.
 
(quoted from post at 15:14:11 06/04/21)
Now the fun begins. You can combine one of the 350Ds with that Farmall H to build a Farmall Super HTA diesel.
I dont think so! Enough people have already done that I would be happy with just a plain 350D.
 
All of them are Continental. An expensive engine to deal with as many parts are just not to be found, or are priced for 5 times the realistic cost. If it is rusted stuck, putting a gas engine in it is a less expensive option. Jim
 
Those will keep you busy this winter when the snow is 4 foot deep! Good to see you here Kirk. Want to build a pole barn? SIL is
ready to put one up but the price goes up every week.
 
Kirk, Glade to see you are still looking for projects, but those tractor are to new. I like the older F-30 with the corn picker and the six speed special.
Keep posting pictures of what you are working on. Stay healthy.
 
(quoted from post at 04:40:27 06/06/21) Kirk, Glade to see you are still looking for projects, but those tractor are to new. I like the older F-30 with the corn picker and the six speed special.
Keep posting pictures of what you are working on. Stay healthy.

I like the F-30s too! I was able to work in the shop a little yesterday rebuilding another engine for one.
 
Well bad news, I thought I had made a deal but it went South and the scrap man ended up taking away the two 350 diesels. I am majorly POd....
 
The elderly widow that owns them indicated she was going to put them on the auction she will be having in September. But then I find out the scrap man took the 2, 350 diesels. With or without her permission I am not clear on. In any event, I was able to buy the 400D from her yesterday. She took my check and I loaded it up and hauled it home before she changed her mind.
mvphoto78471.jpg


mvphoto78472.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top