Brakes for 730 630

Lee Brown

Member
My 730 Comfort King Diesel (1965 model) and my 630 Tripl-Range Diesel don't have working brakes! I assume I need to get the plates for each of them. Do you all know a good, reasonably-priced source for these brake plates? Also, how long of a job is it to take off the covers on each side and put in the new plate? Is there anything else to it, such as other parts or stuff to get? Thanks for any advice!
 
I have not found after market brake discs for my 630 but somebody is always selling ones for 730/830/930 on ebay so keep on the look out. I bought 2 for the 630 from Case and they are not cheap!! Before buying them take the covers off and check them. I am betting that you have an oil leak problem. I did and finally got it fixed. If you have plenty of pad left, I did, I just washed mine in gasoline and set in hot Texas sun to dry then schuufed them with 100 grit sand paper before reassembly. They work very good now, I have not used the new ones yet. Take a part and reassembly if its just the discs will take about 45-60 minutes per side. Hardest part is taking off the floor panes on the right side as the brake lock lever has to be disconnected. Take it loose from the pedal, don't take the rod off the lock lever. Its a real bear to put the spring back on, compress it and get the cotter pin back in with only 2 hands. (<: Yes, I did that the first time!!

If side gear seals are leaking add at least 1.5-2 hours per side on top of the disassembly time above. Mine were a bear and probably had not been removed in 20-30 years. E-mail me for how I got mine off if it comes to that.
 
Forgot to mention, before you go to Case for the 630 brake discs check with John Saeli he has always treated me right. He and his Wife Chris are great people! I didn't hear about John until after I got 2 discs from Case.
http://external_link.com/contents.htm
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top