Boots2563

New User
I need some help on adjusting the brakes on a H farmall. I need to know how to do it.I looked at the shoe and it is in good shape but I have no brake on the right side.I also want to know what that set screw is on the bottom of that thing where the brake shoe is.

Thanks David
 
David,
Adjust the turn buckle until you have about 1 in play in the brake pedal. Tighten the bolt on the bottom of the brake cover, then loosen about 1/2 a turn. This bolt keeps the brake band from dragging on the brake drum.

Paul
 
After you get the pedal free play to the 1" range, lock the brake pedal in the fully applied position, then adjust the bottom set screw to 1/2 turn out.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top