That's a question that I don't know can be adequately answered.
Are you talking gaskets, rings, pistons, bearings?
Are you talking what we can buy today or what was available when these tractors were still modern?
Are you rebuilding your engine?
Thinking about where to buy your parts?
I would suggest you just buy the complete kit from our hosts here at Yesterday's Tractors.
They're probably more than adequate to get your tractor down the road for another 20 years, they're competitively priced and it's just easy.
Are you able to measure the crank, replace the valve guides, pull the sleeves and reinstall them?
Perhaps I'm doing some mindreading like Dell WA gets accused of.
I haaven't followed your tractor, or your handle.
But have you got the whole process of a rebuild completely thought out?
 
I'm sorry I was talking engine parts. I'm trying to gather info on what manufacturers might be better than others while I wait for the funds.
 
Well...in my opinion for aftermarket parts, for bearings I always try to stick with either Clevite or Federal Mogul. Same thing with pistons. For gaskets I'm a big fan of Victor Reinz and I have used a lot of Fel Pro too with good results. I will not use Tisco gaskets if I don't have too..especially their head gaskets. For points, condensors, caps, rotors and etc...I use either Blue Streak or Borg Warner select parts. My rule of thumb on points is if you don't see copper I ain't using them...lol.
 

Personally I would spend $15 for a Fel-Pro head gasket and get a cheap set for the rest . They do make a neoprene front seal to replace the rope .

Chrome rings are hard to break in but last the longest .


The oil pump is probably the weakest link or has the shortest lifespan so money spent there is a good thing .
 
i just finished using a rebuild kit from this site and had no problems whatsoever. i too searched the web for the best deal and kept coming back here. it came with clevite bearings, tisco sleeves, not sure about the gasket brand i'd have to look, but they all fit perfectly. it came with two different timing cover and governor gaskets, dry fit everything first to be sure which you need. i noticed when searching online some kits are cheaper, some are more expensive, but i can tell you from personal experience these are good, and so is the customer service if you ever need them.
 
I got a battery tray from YT that is almost right.The captive nut is left out so I had to make one.Where the tray bolts on the mounting ears are straight, not tapered like the original.The ears interfere with the throttle rod and the temperature guage line. They have to be trimmed or bent.For 50 bucks the part should fit right.Bought a 100 buck muffler for my JD H.Wouldnt fit the original JD exhaust pipe.The indent for steering shaft is cockeyed so the shaft is close to touching the muffler.The JD part came another co,I filed their catalog in the stove.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top