Bridge progress Friday

fixerupper

The center tubes are laid and bermed up with sand to hold them in place. The tapered ends are installed on the downstream end but not the upstream end. The crew probably won't be back till Monday. They live a ways away and need to see their families.
Old bridge
mvphoto19444.jpg

The floor is laid and leveled and ready for the tubes

mvphoto19445.jpg

The tubes were laid today. Took them awhile to get the tubes in position and held in place so they won't move while the fill sand is put around them.

mvphoto19446.jpg

Inspector K9

mvphoto19447.jpg

I guess that you needed a much wider and heavy capacity crossing over that ditch. Personally I'd rather have a bridge . I've seen to many culverts washed out around here. Any size from 12 inches under a driveway to eight feet in diameter under state roads. I have a 30 inch culvert in a tiny stream washed out now . It will be replaced with a bridge with a wide enough channel to carry all the water and wood trash that floats in it during heavy run off events.
Watch this video and hope it does not happen to you.
Culvert washes out

I watched the video, - had that happen right in front of me on my way to work in Death Valley, Calif., back in the early 1980's. 93 miles and 2 1/2 hours later I finally got to work. Flash floods in the desert are awesome things to behold.

The probability of wash out night depend on the soil type and the flow. We have heavy black soil that doesn't move much. Not saying it won't wash but it's more likely to stay put. This culvert setup is one mile from where the ditch starts so there isn't much water moving even after a hard rain. The fall is pretty darned flat. If my uneducated eyes read the surveyor's papers right there is 60" of fall over four miles so it's never moving fast. Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back