Broadleaf herbicide spray rate question

Ricey06

I have a partial gallon of Trimec Classic. I got the booklet wet and can no longer read it.In the past, I used a 25 gal. ATV sprayer with a 10 foot boom.I sprayed at a rate of 25 gal/acre but don't remember the oz.of the TC. It is 26% 2-4D and I sprayed the lawn.I would like to mix a 2 gal. spot sprayer and shot the "pigs ears" around the house? Could someone help me determine the right amount of TC to mix with 2 Gal. of water? Thank You Jeff

I don’t know the answer. But I googled it and there is quite of bit of info it appears. If no one answers from personal experience , you might want to check that out. Good luck.

I always look up on internet by brand and manufacturer then you can read and make notes as needed. It will be a specimen label and will go to an acrobat form.

It depends on the grass type, if you have a bent grass species I think the rate is lower. You can click the link for the full label.

Paul
cvphoto48780.png

Trimec Classic

Trimec is for broad leaf weed control. 1.5 ounces per gallon will kill lots of weeds. If you are spraying later in the season when weeds are taller or growth is slower you may need more.

The rates seem to have a wide range, I went with the middle, 3.5oz/gal.Of course I figured the rain would stay up at the Pocono race but 6 hrs. after spraying, we had a brief shower.We'll see what happens in a week or two. I do remember adding 2-4D when I mixed 25 gal.in the ATV sprayer.I didn't in the spot sprayer, just a little soap.Thanks for the replies. Jeff

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back