Broke my tractor

Destroked 450

I ve owned my 69 Ford 4000 for over 30 years, in the summer of 2000 the select o speed tran failed and we converted it to 8 spd manual
While it was part we did a complete engine rebuild and and fresh paint job
It s pulled a mower over hundreds of acres of hay ground, was also the baler tractor until allergies forced me into a cab tractor around 2010
It s also done the bulk of the work inside our poultry barns for the past 16 years
Today I was finishing up the last house with about 3 loads of poultry litter to crust out, when it suddenly made a ripping noise that at first I thought a water pump bearing had failed and the fan was eating the shroud. After a quick shutdown and check the water pump was ok, so I disengaged the pto and started the engine only to hear a buzzing noise coming from the clutch housing
When I moved the remote lever to raise the decruster blade it made that loud ripping sound again
Looks like after 20 years the pto drive hub on the pressure plate has stripped out, and possibly the pto input shaft, going to require a split to find out

mvphoto100754.jpg

This post was edited by Destroked 450 on 12/26/2022 at 09:43 pm.

You likely did just that, but it took more than 30 years!! Even people need new teeth at some point!. Jim

My dad always said you have two choices. Parts or payments. If you changed the trans yourself the clutch should not be a hard job. If you want
to feel better just price a new tractor that will not last as well as your old one. Tom

On the plus side, it's only a simple split, and the added $$ and work to replace the shaft aren't all that much. I changed one on a 4610 a couple years ago
and the cost of the replacement shaft wasn't all that bad.

Be glad it's one you can still work on. I just paid $4100. for new injectors in my M6060 Kubota with right
at 700 hours on it. They were replaced in 2019 with 350 hours under warranty. Exactly the same thing this
time except nothing written given to me and for some odd reason my old ones have not been returned to me.
The dealer just says they were contaminated. I bit the bullet instead of arguing and put the new updated
ones that the bulletin that was put out in Jan. 2021 said to replace upon failure. Seems awfully funny same
amount of hours and same problem, but at least I have it running again. My fuel test came back with no
contamination noted but I understand the common rail systems can be a pain. Got it back just before the
mp0olar vortex so I'm grateful it's running. Didn't mean to hijack ytour post. Keith

I remember you having problems with your M6060. Knock on wood, I brought a new 6060 in 2018 and haven't had any problems as of now. I just turned 700 hrs on mine, I think I remember it having 710 to be exact. Sure don't want no 4100 dollar repair bill.

I just dodged a bullet on my B3000 Kubota thinking the hydo was going out. Found out my rear wheel was slipping on the rim was all.

Good luck with your Ford, like said, at least you can still work on it without hooking up a laptop to it. Sounds like its given you good service and probably will continue to do so after your split.

(quoted from post at 08:59:54 12/27/22) My dad always said you have two choices. Parts or payments. If you changed the trans yourself the clutch should not be a hard job. If you want
to feel better just price a new tractor that will not last as well as your old one. Tom

No new tractors for me as long as I can get parts for my old ones
I thought about getting a newer Kubota a few years ago but it would have to be a 2013 or older to stay away from common rail fuel system
Just finished replacing the clutch on my Ford powered Farmtrac and need to split the 6610 was well, throw out bearing is making noise

None of them are as bad as helping a neighbor remove the cab and do a triple split on his JD 5525 to replace 1st gear synchro in the transmission

(quoted from post at 09:13:48 12/27/22) On the plus side, it's only a simple split, and the added $$ and work to replace the shaft aren't all that much. I changed one on a 4610 a couple years ago

Yea it s a pretty simple split, me and this tractor have a lot of history since the day we drug it home as a rolling pile of junk
Built a engine and converted it to diesel, one single split and a triple split repairing the select o speed, Then a full build up when we converted it to 8 spd manual
But since the 8 spd swap in 2000 it s only been a inj pump gasket, a starter , tires, a few batteries and a lot of pto work

(quoted from post at 09:13:48 12/27/22) On the plus side, it's only a simple split, and the added $$ and work to replace the shaft aren't all that much. I changed one on a 4610 a couple years ago

Yea it s a pretty simple split, me and this tractor have a lot of history since the day we drug it home as a rolling pile of junk
Built a engine and converted it to diesel, one single split and a triple split repairing the select o speed, Then a full build up when we converted it to 8 spd manual
But since the 8 spd swap in 2000 it s only been a inj pump gasket, a starter , tires, a few batteries and a lot of pto work

Keith next time it happens I have a set of the latter injectors... less than half price. Latter ones checked and guaranteed to be good.

No going to try and tell you how to run your bussiness but I sure would be having a talk with some one. A $924.00 injector does have a core value, not to Kubota but other places.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back