Brought another one home.

I hinted a while ago that I bought another green tractor. I’m getting some flack from my neighbors and some tractor pullers up here about it being the wrong color for my collection but it will fit in good. Any how its a pretty nice John Deere 80. The little V4 starting motor runs good considering the sediment bowl was full of dry dust, and the big engine runs nice as well. Some electrical issues to sort out and a bunch of little things to do to it but I’m confident I will have it ready for the first pull that I can go to.

Attachments

• IMG_3747.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 524
  • IMG_3746.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 398
  • IMG_3745.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 367
What a beast! I like it. I always wanted an R, I guess the 80s were off my radar. I'm guessing there are not many out in the wild?
Congrats, Larry

What a beast! I like it. I always wanted an R, I guess the 80s were off my radar. I'm guessing there are not many out in the wild?
Congrats, Larry
I here there where just over 3000 80s built so not as common as an R or 820/830 fir sure. I’m not a fan of the word RARE except when it comes to ordering steak. lol. I was able to pick up an R last fall as well. It’s a big project though. It’s stuck and needs lots of tlc. Thanks Larry.

I like your building. You need more old tractors to fill it. You're correct in the number of 80s built. They were built in 1955 and 1956. It will do fine in tractor pulls.

I hinted a while ago that I bought another green tractor. I’m getting some flack from my neighbors and some tractor pullers up here about it being the wrong color for my collection but it will fit in good. Any how its a pretty nice John Deere 80. The little V4 starting motor runs good considering the sediment bowl was full of dry dust, and the big engine runs nice as well. Some electrical issues to sort out and a bunch of little things to do to it but I’m confident I will have it ready for the first pull that I can go to.
Are the rear fender red lights required in Canada or is that just someone's custom addition? It's a great idea. Is there an office under where the air compressor is located?

Are the rear fender red lights required in Canada or is that just someone's custom addition? It's a great idea. Is there an office under where the air compressor is located?
Those lights are someone’s idea of customization. They will be the first things to come off. In Alberta all we require on the back of farm equipment in the daylight hours is a slow moving vehicle sign. Flashing lights etc are required for night time.

There is a washroom under the compressor. I have a desk outside the washroom that is my office and reloading bench. Thanks 55-50 Ron.

It is now obvious that you have succumbed to those muscular green tractors. I can see why there are complaints from the neighbors. Does your wife take your temperature very often to assure you aren't running a fever?

PS: Pend Oreille trip this summer? steve

It is now obvious that you have succumbed to those muscular green tractors. I can see why there are complaints from the neighbors. Does your wife take your temperature very often to assure you aren't running a fever?

PS: Pend Oreille trip this summer? steve
I get a severe eye roll every time I mention a different tractor to her. But she’s happy that I’m in the shop lots instead of the house.lol. Yes we will be there for a month ish Steve.

Thanks! Should make for some nice puzzles.

I get a severe eye roll every time I mention a different tractor to her. But she’s happy that I’m in the shop lots instead of the house.lol. Yes we will be there for a month ish Steve.
If Sharon had her way this PC would be out in the shop, and she'd change the locks on the house. I already have the microwave and the fridge. See you when you come down. We'll probably come over and dangle our toes off the dock with you.

If Sharon had her way this PC would be out in the shop, and she'd change the locks on the house. I already have the microwave and the fridge. See you when you come down. We'll probably come over and dangle our toes off the dock with you.
Sounds good. I’ll let you know when we are there.

Those rear tires look brand new. Zooming in, I can see a name (or partial name) between the treads of the right tire. Looks like (?)BUTTE or similar. Is that the name of former owner or your name? Those tires are worth $$$ !!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back