Buda Forklift

Vicinalvictor

I have a really nice Buda LP forklift that dates back to late 40's or early 50's that needs a tune-up. Any idea where I can find a model number on this machine? Allis Chalmers bought Buda in 1953 according to NAPA but have no further info until I find a model number for them.

Is there a tag on it that Identifies it as a Buda forklift? Yes, The Buda Company made some forklifts, and other things, before Allis Chalmers bought them.

Have you searched the web for pictures to try to match up with your machine? There are some that appear in a web search for Buda Forklift.

You should post pictures of your forklift. It will be hard for anyone to help you identify yours with only the brief description you have given.

Is the engine a flat head?

There are e some good threads in YT library. Surprisingly Buda also put Waukesha in some forklifts.

The forklift mast has Buda stamped on it that faces the Driver. I can post pictures later today,
so far, I have not found anything on the internet to be helpful.

I guess you found the FB2024 pictures on the web. The serial number tag on this FB2024 is shown in this picture. Does yours have the tag, or four rivet holes where it was?

FP-2024 could stand for: Forklift (or truck), Propane, 2000 lb. capacity at 24" center.

As far as parts you are likely going to be in the match them up mode. Finding manuals for old forklifts are hit or miss. Liberated manuals is one place some are found. It is a library of military manuals. It will take some searching to see if there is a manual there. Here is a link to the site.

https://www.liberatedmanuals.com/

The engine may or may not be a Buda. Searching for a tag or numbers on it may give a clue, casting marks/logos may as well. The distributor brand and numbers, if still on it, may help with matching ignition parts. Plugs you can pull out and match. for the propane system you will likely need to talk to a forklift dealer, or other equipment dealer of equipment using propane systems.

mvphoto105263.jpg

Budas were OHV, not flatheads. Odd, but maybe it's a Continental or Waukesha. Buda engines had an aluminum tag on the left side of the block with engine serial numbers. I have a scanned copy of the factory service manual. I can email it to you. I have it on Dropbox but can't get it to work just now. Email is open.

My Buda forklift is green, but looks like this, only the mast is not that tall, it runs on LP gas,
and has ROPS. The forks are 36 inches, and the rear hubcaps say Buda on them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back