Buddy Seats- Oliver 77

So, I've been thinking. Dangerous, but here we go. I have 2 Oliver 77's. One that I use for mostly pulling, but also for a ride or two. I restored it 2 years ago. I'm currently in the process of restoring a wide front 77, that is going to be completely orginal and use mostly for rides. My mom has claimed this tractor for rides (another long story) but she as a friend who thought it would be fun to go on tractor rides and especially the WHO Great Iowa Tractor Ride my home town Osceola, Iowas was the host town last year. But now to the major part of my post. I don't want to add a wide seat as I have seen with other Fleetline Olivers as this take away from the look and orginality. So here is my idea, with the way the hitch is set up that you could take out the regular hitch and make another piece that would slide in it's place with a 2 inch receiver hitch on the end of it. Then some how make a platform with a seat and railing around it, then figure out a way to connect the two, i'm guessing it would be an angle piece. Well that is my idea. Sorry if I'm rambling, if something isn't clear I'll try to clear it up. Or maybe someone has done something different or seen something different. Thanks! -Dan
 
Dan:

Whatever you come up with, before you spend any time or money I would run the design past Molly Pins (Head Sheriff of the WHO ride) to make sure they will approve your design. If you really like those fleetlines you could have 2 in the ride. All of us driving "the dark green" tractors can always use more of them to counterbalance the "other" green and red ones.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top